PDA

View Full Version : It's back again :-(

Kell
30-11-10, 09:58
Well, here I am again. After a few weeks of feeling relatively "normal" I started feeling a bit odd over the weekend. This has now flared up since yesterday and I find myself feeling as if I'm back to square one. It's obviously not the best time of year to be feeling like this as there are parties coming up etc and I'm worried about how I'll cope.
I think that I woudl be able to cope more if I wasn't affected so much physically. My appetite vanishes & I feel sick & on edge - my heart races etc.
I feel bad for my boyfriend aswell as it seems to have been neverending since the summer. It's like groundhog day. I know that he finds it difficult to deal with which is to be expected.

I wish that there was a magic cure so that I could just lead a normal life :-(

Sorry for going on but I just needed someone to talk to

Kel
x

charlie1986
30-11-10, 13:49
hi kell,

sorry to hear ur not feeling too good.i can understand how ur feeling hun:bighug1:i always find im worse this time of year,its not nice at all,but things will improve,i promise,u wont always feel this way,ive been thru so many dark times,never thort id feel normal again,but things do improve,even the physical symptoms.can i ask if ur any meds for the way ur feeling? if not please only go on them for a last resort,im on tabs and they just cover up probs rather than solve them,im still on the rocky road to feeling normal again,but i wanna do it with out meds,which i know will be hard.hope u feel better soon.:flowers:

Kell
30-11-10, 14:54
Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your reply.

I am on medication - Venlafaxine. I've been on it for a few years now & have had my dose increased several times in the past few months due to my "wobbles". I am never overly convinced on how much they do for me - especially when I have a wobble.

I know what you mean about coming through it - I know that it never lasts forever but it's hard to remember that when you're feeling bad. I guess it just affects me as I'd felt so well for so long & now it seems that since the summer I have been up & down so many times that it feels as if I've constantly feeling bad.

I hope that you feel well soon too

Kel
x

Chris2000
30-11-10, 15:39
Hi Kel what dose are you at? I'm on 225mg and I'm suffering a wobble right now I've been good since Feb and don't really want to increase any higher but I don't want to end up a mess like last xmas either :(

Kell
30-11-10, 16:56
I was always on 75mg which was then reduced to 37.5mg earlier in the year. I was then increased back to 75mg in the summer. It was then increased again a couple of months ago to 150mg.

As I said before, I am never overly convinced on how much good they do but I'm scared in case my GP tries to make me try another type as I am afraid of withdrawing from Venlafaxine. I have previously been on Prozac & Lofepramine.

Kel
x

charlie1986
30-11-10, 17:50
hi kell,

im on prozac,does the job but i still have the odd bad day,have u ever thort of trying different tabs? its hard talking to the docs about anything like this,they dont have time to listen:mad: it really annoys me how they are with people.i understand how u feel,i really do,pm anytime if u want someone to talk too,its always best to talk to someone who has (and still is) going thru the same as u.all the best,xxxxxxxx