PDA

View Full Version : Recovered- the last Niggle

Laurieloo
30-11-10, 12:26
I HAVEN’T BEEN ON HERE FOR A WHILE AND I AM LOOKING FOR A BIT OF FRIENDLY ADVICE.

I HAVE BEEN RECOVERING FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOW AND I AM LIVING A Life almost completely the same to my old but in a more mindful and calmer way. I really am very proud of how far I have come and the adjustments I have made to get here., little side track put please to all the newbies, stay with the Blog this really is the best site out there and the advice really does work. time is the best healer for this but unfortunately it takes time, cheesey advice true but now over.

One little niggle is still here and I wondered if affects anyone else, my biggest anxiety was always myself, I could not understand my anxiety and was therefore convinced it was a serious mental illness. Since that worry has left and I have so much room for other worries I still find I am easily obsessive with certain thoughts.

At the moment it is my relationship, I am worried at all times that it isn’t going to work or that I am going to end up unhappy like my Mum and Step Dad. Is this normal worries or is anxiety still there and is going to sabotage my relationship.

I have always been a worrier and i know it is my make up and personality but I am concerned that recovery isn’t as near and I have just shifted my worries to another subject.

I also hate feeling like a doom and gloom munger, I wasted so much time thinking about the worst case scenario I just want to be a little more positive and I truly adore my new man I just cannot seem to live in the present I am always slightly dreading the future.

Sorry for the rant but here always seems like the perfect place to vent.

xxxxx

gaaron
30-11-10, 12:30
I think it's pretty normal to be scared of the same thing happening to you that happened with your parents. It's always the same with me. Easier said than done, but just learn from their mistakes. Take care and I'm glad you've met a wonderful man. x