PDA

View Full Version : Cold legs, please help

Meg37
30-11-10, 13:24
For about the past 3 weeks I have been feeling like my legs have been getting cold inside them, it is almost like a draft is blowing around them all the time. The left one is worse than the right but they both do it. I rang the doctor two weeks ago and he thought I had probably trapped a sciatic nerve and was making my legs have odd sensations. I'm not whole heartedly convinced by this explanation ( as I never am by the drs explanation). It did seem to be getting a bit better and then last night I started experiencing an odd sensation of like a wave of cold passing through my legs which made goose bumps stand up. Then today my legs have started to feel cold again inside of them. I can walk fine and everything though they do feel a little stiff, sometimes it feels as if there is a cold wet patch on my knee. Can anxiety and stress cause these sensations? I'm very anxious at the moment and this is tipping me over the edge, I feel like no one will help me and I just want a straight answer. It's probably worth mention ing I don't notice it as much when I'm standing up. Please help me.

charlie1986
30-11-10, 13:32
hi meg,

ive had anxiety disorder for years and have had some of the most weird sensations,i had something similar to that,just had cold patches on my legs,very strange! lol! but if ur not 100% happy,get another opinion from a different doc,worse thing it could be is poor circulation(hope i spelt that right) :) hope i was helpful,xxxxxx

Meg37
30-11-10, 15:32
Thank you, I just hate the sensation of sitting down and feeling like my legs are getting cold on the inside. The worst thing is ive been googling! Worse thing ever to do! I'm convinced I've got MS or something, I just want it to go.

charlie1986
30-11-10, 18:09
arrhhhh,never google it,lol,can make u think all sorts,i try and avoid things like google and speak to REAL people on here who understand wot ur feeling.but i understand why u did it,curiosity.i use to google all sorts wen i had any symptom...in my head i thort i had everything from cancer to green parrot disease(made up obviously) im sure ur ok,u have'nt got MS i promise u hun:)