PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read this book?

phil06
30-11-10, 14:59
It doesn't seem too direct on anxiety but it's all about changing how you think, to love yourself, to accept yourself and have a good day. My counselor recommended it it's called 'You can heal your life' by Louise L. Hay. I just got my copy to read today so just wondering anybody else read it? Does it work?

Anxious_gal
30-11-10, 16:25
did you get the hard back colored one?
I really liked the book I didn't agree with emotional problems causing health problems so I just took what I wanted from the book.
I also got the wisdom cards, the pictures and positive words on them are calming.
what i liked about the book, its the opposite from depression, when your low you tend to think everything is bad and link up all the bad things that happen.
with positive thinking it's amazing once you get into it, it's like you suddenly notice all the good things that happen.
like your in town and you find an amazing bag, then you get invited out to dinner and don't panic, it's hard to explain but you start seeing all the good things in life and you start accepting them into your life and you almost expect that something good will happen even if it's something small like reviving a email from a friend.
one thing i started doing was to try put a bit a money in a charity box when I'm in town, karma, then something nice always me, even if it's being able to go into a few extra shops without anxiety.
it's all the power of the mind but it can work wonders.
when I first started that book I had a lot of good things happen but then one bad thing happened and I gave up for a bit.
I really liked the hard copy more as the paintings and pictures made it more fun and up lifting for me to read.
she also does calenders, where there is a positive thought for every day of the year.
I found her book to be only one that I actually seemed to get and to be able to put into practice.

phil06
21-12-10, 01:32
My book collection is growing the one above, CBT for dummies and tonight I ordered another:

Dr Claire Weekes - More help for your nerves.

I have heard her books are very good. But this particular one has been recommended about good at explaining how the nerves work. Anybody had any experience of the book? Is it as good as they say?

I got it online for £2 second hand so can't go wrong at that price? Just have to wait on it coming now.

Anxious_gal
21-12-10, 01:35
lol I have CBT for Dummies :)

Chem
21-12-10, 01:49
Love Yourself, Heal your life (Louise L Hay) is a great book. There is a workbook too to go along with it. If anyone is interested, the workbook is really enough - it gives the information then space for you to write your feelings.

Many people like Claire Weekes but I find her books shallow and not much help.

phil06
21-12-10, 01:55
Love Yourself, Heal your life (Louise L Hay) is a great book. There is a workbook too to go along with it. If anyone is interested, the workbook is really enough - it gives the information then space for you to write your feelings.

Many people like Claire Weekes but I find her books shallow and not much help.

That's interesting to hear.

I have been reading away at that book some very good things. I have noticed it has changed my attitude towards some things. I've been learning affirmations and how being positive helps.

CBT for dummies is a good anxiety training course I particularly find it very good for depression. Some of the pages in it really do help on a bad day, it's kind of good for OCD actually find it less of an anxiety tool.

Be interested to hear other peoples views on Claire Weekes books. Just a point to make I can't read both those books on a particular day I feel they kind of cross and take a different approach. I always read the CBT before the Affirmations.

What swung me towards this book is I have had very bad nerves from anxiety..the way I react and a good explanation may just be the book for me.

Jenny
22-12-10, 12:16
Is the CBT for dummies helping ?
Jenny F xx

Joexgee
22-12-10, 14:40
Dr Claire Weekes - More help for your nerves.

I got it online for £2 second hand so can't go wrong at that price? Just have to wait on it coming now.[/QUOTE]

i have this book its really interesting! i got mine from a charity shop for £1.80 :D bargain too.
i must try you can heal your life, sounds great! :yesyes: