PDA

View Full Version : These tablets

Del1970
30-11-10, 16:25
I was anxious about taking them because they do make me tired, deffo relax me though, i've just started the Propranol again today, i'm only on 10mg and can take upto 3 a day if I need to, i've only taken one at 11.30am this morning but it seems to be waring off now, does anyone know how long the dose is meant to last for and what space I should leave in between doses? I'm wary of taking another yet in case it makes me very drowsy because I have a baby too so was going to wait until my husband gets home at around 5.30pm

Adele
x

Vixxy
30-11-10, 17:27
I take mine every 4.5-5 hours.

Del1970
30-11-10, 17:29
Thanks Vixxy :yesyes:

Hazel B
30-11-10, 18:10
I had 40mg x 3 times a day and took them on waking then every 6 hours. They really helped me with anxiety.

Del1970
30-11-10, 18:27
Thankyou too for your reply Hazel B, i've just took my second one now, I think I left it a bit late this mroning so will start them earlier tomorrow, it did only last around 2 n half 3hrs that first one though and the palpatations, headache and dizziness came back:scared15:

Hazel B
30-11-10, 20:05
They supress your adrenaline reaction, so should slow your heart and help anxiety. They did make me a little tired but that was much better than having a fast pulse and being in a tizz. I also had 12 weeks of counselling to help deal with my underlying issues.

Hope you feel better soon.:)

kayleigh
30-11-10, 20:22
hi del im petrified to take my propanolol i took one on friday night and i thought my heart was going to stop it went that slow and my pulse felt really weak im more scared because i read somewere on here anout a woman who had asthma as a child so was told to take one when she knew the doctors were open incase it caused an attack i had mildasthma when i was little about 15/16 years ago...................my heart still feels really slow and weak and i feel breathless and dizzy also 'not with it'...........
sorry for rambling on,on your thread i just dont know what to do :weep: xx

Hazel B
30-11-10, 20:27
Kayleigh, I would talk to your doctor about this, I don't know if you have asthma, but Propranolol only makes it worse if you already have it now. It's your choice if you take the meds, remember they have been prescribed to help you. Try not to read the side effects in the leaflet too much or Google, as it will make you worry more.

kayleigh
30-11-10, 20:34
hi hazel no i dont have it now the doctor prescribed me 40mg and told me to take one a day and up to 3 a day if needed but when allmy anxiety started the doctor from the hospital gave me 10 mg and told meto take onein the morning and one in the evening i only took these when i felt like i was having a panic attack and fromwhati can remember they really helpedjust made me tierd so on friday i took one of the 10mg to see if it would work and i just ended up having a panic attack cause i thought my heart was to slow and weak and it still feels like this now....
i really want to take one cause im feeling really weird but im too scared cause my heart already seems slow and weak...it cant slow anymore surely ?? and do i need to take one if my heart is already like this ??

sorry for going on, on someones elses post :blush:

Hazel B
30-11-10, 23:07
No probs, you really need to speak to a doctor as I'm not medically qualified. Please get some help and advcie, you need to take them quite regularly at first to break the anxiety cycle.

Take care.