PDA

View Full Version : Scared is this thought just anxiety

tricia56
30-11-10, 15:48
hi can anyone tell me if they have ever had this horrible thought as i suffer wih anxiety and today i was anxiouse and fed up and bored and thought what shall i do and then this horrible thought came into my head i know kill my self and it now has really scared me as why did i think that so please can any one tell me if that it is just my anxiety thk u

Dragonsblonde
30-11-10, 16:02
Yes it is honestly! I remember when I was very bad in the summer stood on the second floor of a shopping centre at the balcony and pictured myself just climbing over and falling. The idea had appeal at the time and the visual blip in my head was very real. I didn't though and neither will you hon

Just relax and see the thought for what it is, just a thought nothing else! Keep yourself occupied and try to fill your mind with the postives

mininikki
02-12-10, 01:21
It is just anxiety, I have had this thought a few times and the first time I had it, it absolutely terrified me, but when I thought about it rationally a few days later, I realised that I would never do it as I am petrified of death and dying etc and I DON'T WANT to kill myself. It is just the mind playing tricks. Try not to dwell on it or just tell your mind to shut up if you have the thought again.

Nikki :)

tonkaboy
03-12-10, 12:02
When I'm anxious, I have similar thoughts about balconies, walking over motorway bridges, stepping out in front of traffic etc. I'm still here.:yesyes: