PDA

View Full Version : where anxiety stops and depression begins

DebbieDoo
30-11-10, 20:08
i feel physically exhausted by the constant feeling of fear and now i need to go back on the meds as the weepiness is getting on top of me but have been on so many which one do i go on now? this is supposed to be a magical time what with Christmas coming up, family times etc and all i wanna do is stay at home - do you find it harder in the morning?? - i actually wanna die in the morning the physical symptoms are too much, sorry for spreading the "JOY" its hard talking to people who dont understand and i hope you are all coping as well as you can - winter is a bugger - the blues my arse :winks: x

elainey70
30-11-10, 20:23
Hi Debbie,

Sorry to hear your feeling so bad, i,ve been off work for 15 weeks now with severe anxiety and find the mornings especially hard, the physical symptoms, heaving, shaking, stomach churning are horrendous. It's hard to say were anxiety stops and depressions begins, i personally dont think it does anxiety stops and depression begins, i think they are the best of pals and are always together.

Are you on any medication?

sarah_85
30-11-10, 22:22
i really sympathise. i suffer with anxiety although i am still managing to get to work, but it's a real battle. unlike you, mine is always worse as night, especially now it's getting dark so early. sometimes i lay in bed and just cannot settle. was up til 3am last night ended up just crying most of the night. i worry that i might be becoming depressed but am having some therapy which seems to be working a little. i think that unfortunately the two sometimes come hand on hand because the symptoms make us so miserable. take heart though, there are so many of us out there. xxx

ems43
01-12-10, 09:29
Hi Debbie, I agree this time of year is very hard when we aren't feelign good. I am dreading christmas, everytime I see anything that reminds me of it makes me want to cry as I usually love christmas and I just feel so sad that I feel can't enjoy it this year. Its good that your going back on the medication, hopefully this will help you cope a little better. Have you got any other support. xx

DebbieDoo
01-12-10, 13:18
hey guys i send you all some happy twinkle dust :-) thank you for replying - i have to start Sertaline 50mg and got some Diazepam its like having flu anxiety is just horrendous i agree also that they go hand in hand i feel the anxiety comes first then the depression sets in its no wonder when you are on edge all the time its only a matter of time before the body shuts down

take care all and be safe x

heavenly
01-12-10, 13:30
I know exactly how you feel. I first started getting anxiety attacks 3 1/2 months ago, then I started feeling extremely low with it all, so am now on Citalopram which is helping, though I still get anxiety from time to time. I have 2mg Diazapam for emergencies. I think anxiety and depression both go hand in hand, I am having counselling as well as I know meds are not the sole answer. Hope you feel ok. xx

ems43
01-12-10, 13:31
well good luck with it debbie, have you tried sertraline before? My psyciatrist was considering changing me to that if I don't respond to mirtazipine, been on it for 10 weeks now and now a great deal of improvement. xx