PDA

View Full Version : can't stop worrying/obsessive thoughts

daisycake
30-11-10, 20:19
I can't stop worrying - at all. I used to be able to relax and reassure myself but I can't do that now. I'm convinced something is wrong with my heart, I have been since August now. I can't calm down, I'm so worried. I'm not eating properly, I'm not exercising much, I'm not sleeping much. My life has turned into an endless string of crying, doctor's appointments, hospital appointments, and trying to sleep. I am scared to see my doctor again in case she is fed up with me, I have seen her twice this month and spoekn to her twice on the phone as well. She says she isn't worried, did an ecg, the first was abnormal, the next two fine but I am really scared. She said ecgs often come back with weird things but what if she is wrong, and has made a mistake, I'm really scared. I don't know what to do, who to speak to, I have CBT tommorow but I take panic attacks just going up there. I don't know what to do. I am scared the worst will happen and every time I do something that is at the back of my mind, even tidying my room, or anything. I'm scared it's premonitions or something. I don't know who to talk to, I'm really scared. I'm sorry because I've posted about this a few times but I don't know what to do.

daisycake
30-11-10, 22:36
or am I beyond help? :whistles:.. tried to cheer myself up with a dvd and an ice lolly :)

Hazel B
30-11-10, 22:41
It seems you're doing all you can, seeing your doctor, having tests and starting CBT. Please don't worry about seeing your GP often, that's what they are there for, I was there almost every week with anxiety a few months ago after years of good health. I know you're scared but hopefully your tests will be clear, the counselling will help and you can start to feel well.

I had Propranolol to help me get over the worst of anxiety but also stopped smoking and caffeine and ate more healthy food.

Take care.

miniholly
30-11-10, 22:43
hi daisycake please try not to be worried, your doc is more than likely right :) obviously i know with HA that you think your the 1% of people that doesn't get the results back properly but trust me its rare, very rare for ecg's to come back with no problems when there is one. and your doc would know if there was a problem and she isn't worried so i think i can safely say you're okay.
you're definitley not beyond help, there's always someone out there who cares and is willing to help. :)
(i wish i could take my own advice lol)
take care xxx