PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone here.

maksicat
30-11-10, 20:52
Hi,

I discovered this forum through a small Anxiety Disorder booklet in my doctor's surgery and after much thinking, i decided to join!

I am a 25 year old male and i have always had problems with anxiety (as have many of my family members, including my mum and grandmum) but about 2 weeks ago i began getting bad pains on the left side of my chest, palpitations, trembling - especially at night when in bed. I was in agony and terrified i was having heart attacks or something. I had never felt so alone as at that point in my life, i thought i was going crazy, unable to go outside of the house or even enjoy any of my old hobbies. However, after visiting my doctor last week, i was diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder; something i had never heard of before that point in time.

I am currently on beta blockers; 80mg Propanolol slow release capsules. I have never had a panic attack since taking them and much of my symptoms are now under control. However, i still have tremours constantly and i can feel my pulse all over my body, and it still freaks me out! I don't know if its really anxiety causing it all, or something else - something thats horrible and frightening! In truth, every muscle pain makes me instantly think i have something terminal. Its not fun and i'd love to be without this feeling..... like i was just a few months ago. I'd love to get that person back.

I am also in the process of arranging therapy, but thats seems to take plenty of time.

Anyways, enough about me; i look forward to getting to know many of you!
Kind regards,
Maksicat.

nomorepanic
30-11-10, 20:53
Hi maksicat

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

recoil
30-11-10, 21:21
hi and :welcome: to nmp

Veronica H
30-11-10, 23:10
:welcome:to NMP Cameron. This is a friendly site with great information and support.

Veronicax

gaaron
01-12-10, 02:54
Hi Cameron
:welcome:

maksicat
01-12-10, 16:38
Hi, just want to say kind thanks for your nice welcomes!

I was due to go to the doctor today to get his opinion on my pulse/feeling of inner vibration issues, but try as i might i couldn't get to the surgery because of the snow.... so now i have to wait over a week til my next appointment.... giving me plenty more time to worry myself into the ground with anxiety. :unsure:

paulst
01-12-10, 17:52
Hi Cameron welcome to the forum, Im glad you found us.:)

margaret jones
01-12-10, 18:04
:welcome:Cameron to this great site sorry you have to wait till next week for a Gp App but pop into this site and read all the good/helpfull advice xx

gaaron
01-12-10, 18:07
Hi Cameron, My Doc had to cancel my appt today - I go Monday....ooh that snow!