PDA

View Full Version : Weird leg. Can anyone re-assure please?

Natalie x
30-11-10, 21:09
Hi. For the past week or so, my right leg has been feeling a little 'weird'. It sort of feels numb and i keep prodding it and i can feel it. As you may have saw from previous posts that i have been worried over strokes and im now worrying again or thinking it may be ms :weep: I also sometimes get a strange feeling in my arm, however this was after reading something which began all my worries. It may just be me being aware and so tuned in to every sensation, so i hope thats the case. Can anyone offer some re-assurance please? Thanks x

crazyhayz
30-11-10, 22:32
I get the exact same thing, in right arm anf right leg, couple of nights ago i woke up with it and i was dizzy with heart racing, fort i was dying or having a stroke, but eventually laid down and went back to sleep... it sorta feels numb but its not coz i can feel it, it feels like its unattached to me like its not my arm or sumthing, i think this is a symptom of anxiety but i am freaked by it coz i get it almost every day, ive been referred to a Neuro coz i get other symptoms like muscle pains that are painful sometimes, i get feelings of weakness (although i can still lift things etc so dont think its ACTUAL weakness if u see wot i mean) but im still worrying ive got MND or MS.. doc wants to investigate the arm/leg thing which is why im worried :( gotta wait til february too :( just so u know ur not alone x

Natalie x
30-11-10, 23:49
Thanks for your reply. Yeah it's as though it's not attached to you, I know what you mean. It comes and goes and not sure if I just imagine it as I am so aware of any feelings and sensations. Hope you're okay x

shaggyowen
30-11-10, 23:55
at night my legs always ache its sometime really painful never no what it is but only started since i got anxiety youl be fine dw anxiety can make you feel what ever your scared of just chill =]

gaaron
01-12-10, 00:32
yep, things are ok...it's probably like when you get a numb behind when you're in the cinemas (well I do)..take care

lucyeast
01-12-10, 20:31
I just read your post and this is just how i feel doc told me at the begining of the year it was anxiety but i still get it just now and then usually in the evenings when i 'relax' im ok when im busy so guess it probably is anxiety but wish it would go away!
hope you feel better soon sure the arm/leg thing is nothing to worry about.