PDA

View Full Version : Advice wanted on seeing the doctor

Spice
19-03-06, 08:18
Hi every1, Hope that you are all doing away fine.

Does any1 have any advice for me with regard to seeing my doctor and what qualifies for a home visit in Scotland.

I have GAD with agoraphobia which was diagnosed by a CBT therapist privately and also my CPN.
I also suffered a severe back problem which left me with a walking problem and having to use a stick to walk outside.

I have not seen my gp since last June when I went for painkillers for my back. Since then I have phoned on numerous occassions asking for him to come out and see me with regard to my panic situation and depression. I have always had a call back from him or one of the partners and prescribed medication over the phone - I have had - anti-deps, diazepam on several occassions, beta-blockers, strong painkillers loads of times even though I have told him that I have thought about ending my life! I even asked him one day if I could go into the psychiatric unit for help and he told me to ask my CPN if I was suitable!!!
I would like to see a gp but my partner works about an hour away from home and appointments are like gold-dust so when he does get a day off I cant get one. I am not able to go with anyone else at the mo as he is my safe person.

Last week my little girl was ill and I called and asked for a home visit and was called back by the doctor who asked the prob and said she had to be brought in, I told him I couldn't as we didn't have transport and are 2 miles away from surgery and I couldn't do it with my walking/anxiety probs - I was told to get someone else to do it. The only person who was available and wasn't at work or out was my 84 year old gran who is very spritely and looks and acts about 60 but I still felt awful that I had to rely on her to do this.

I spoke to NHS 24 and got forms from them as to making a complaint but I dont know whether to bother and I dont want to make bad relations with my gp but then again I never see him for it to matter.

What does every1 think?