PDA

View Full Version : 26 Days Later

HarrogateChris
30-11-10, 21:27
The voice that has ranted through my every waking moment, that has stopped me sleeping. The voice that has helped destroy some of the things most precious to me. The voice that has been my unwanted companion for the last 7 months. That voice is quiet tonight.

I could cry with happiness.

Chris

Hazel B
30-11-10, 22:04
Great news! I'm so happy for you.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

HarrogateChris
30-11-10, 22:16
Just sitting here being quiet, I've missed it so much. The occasional thought pops up but I can just push it away tonight. Not getting my hopes up too much, just enjoying the now :D

Chris

Hazel B
30-11-10, 22:18
It's all small steps, each day has a twinkle of improvement. I am now on day 32 without meds for anxiety, I do still have daft worries but can be more rational and challenge them

Wishing you many more days with peace of mind.:)

paula lynne
30-11-10, 22:23
:shades: quiet is good x

suzy-sue
30-11-10, 22:39
Thats wonderful news Chris ..you are on the up now :yesyes:. Enjoy the good moments they will increase as time passes .Well done .luv Sue x:hugs:

SHYGIRLAJB
30-11-10, 22:41
Just sitting here being quiet, I've missed it so much. The occasional thought pops up but I can just push it away tonight. Not getting my hopes up too much, just enjoying the now :D

Chris

Yeah you enjoy the now, :):)

Dragonsblonde
30-11-10, 22:58
Yay!

HarrogateChris
30-11-10, 23:38
Off to bed and hoping for a restful nights sleep :)

SHYGIRLAJB
30-11-10, 23:42
Hope you manage to sleep well.

Laneybc
01-12-10, 01:14
Thanks for sharing that Chris. I am on day 18 and would sure like to enjoy some peace again. May it continue to improve for you!

HarrogateChris
01-12-10, 22:22
Sorry to say Day 27 has been back down with a bit of a bump :weep:

I think mostly because of the rubbish weather stopping me doing the things I'd like to do and leaving me too much thinking time.

Still, it was really good to have a bit of time out. It also probably means the Cit is starting to work, so here's hoping the upward trend continues :)

Definitely not as bad as I was before I started or during the first three weeks of taking the cit. Onse step at a time :)

Chris

missy007
01-12-10, 22:26
Chris you are doing so well - as you say - just one step at a time and you will get there - keep strong :hugs:

HarrogateChris
01-12-10, 22:33
Thanks Missy, I'm in too much of a hurry to get well and need to focus on taking time to heal rather than trying to jump to the finish line.

C.

Hazel B
01-12-10, 22:35
It shows you can have good days, small steps, hope tomorrow is OK for you.

missy007
01-12-10, 22:39
I think a lot of us are the same - we take the meds and hope for instant results - but the side effects do take over - I was on citalopram for 18 months eventually 40mg and it helped me no end - so just stick in there - you will have good days and bad and we are all here to help :)

Drummer
01-12-10, 22:53
great to read this thread, I'm day 5 and getting a few sides at the mo

Phil

sop84
02-12-10, 10:06
:hugs:

sop84
02-12-10, 10:07
Day 7 and still getting nausea and that spacey feeling. And feeling very tearful today :( but reading your post made me think I have to carry on and beat this x

blueangel
02-12-10, 13:53
Good to hear this, Chris. After much thinking and battling, I have decided to go back on the citalopram. I was going to try to manage without medication, but I've had so many stressors in my life over the last three years, I think I need to have the wisdom to know when I need a helping hand.

HarrogateChris
02-12-10, 15:26
Day 7 and still getting nausea and that spacey feeling. And feeling very tearful today :( but reading your post made me think I have to carry on and beat this x

I think the second week was the worst for me, so hang on in there over the next few days. I felt a lot worse and spent quite some time laying on the carpet feeling suicidal and telling myself it was just the meds and I could get through it. If you feel worse, it does soon pass, just keep going :hugs:

Having a bad day again today, but I'm sleeping through the night now rather than waking and being hounded by the little chatterbox in my head.

Things may feel bad today, but I can remember a few weeks ago waking in the night, screaming and starting to hit myself really hard in the head trying to silence the voice. Things are still painful, but definitely better!

Chris

Hazel B
02-12-10, 16:22
Stay strong, it will pass. :hugs: