PDA

View Full Version : Breathing problems!

punkprincess19
01-12-10, 01:00
Me again... this time my breathing is my biggest problem...
I was having chest pains which seemed to have died down a little now which i'm happy about buy my breathing has got worse! I was having trouble whereby every now and then throughout the day I was having what felt like a "winded" sensation where the air was pushed out of my lungs and i couldnt physically take a breath in for a second and then for a while after I would get this feeling like it's almost going to happen again... sometimes it would and sometimes the feeling would just go away... now i'm having the feeling ALL the time! it feels like my lungs are about to collapse or something! If I take a deep breath and hold it it feels like my lungs are trying to push the air out as quick as they can! It's driving me crazy! This morning I woke up really early feeling like I couldnt breathe and everytime I tried falling back to sleep again I would wake back up with what felt like a thud in my chest and feeling like I'd been winded!
Is this normal for anxiety?! It's been like this for a week now and it's getting me worried. The doctors dont seem concerned but it's really scaring me. I feel that at any moment I am going to stop breathing or my lungs are going to collapse! I've tried relaxing and distracting myself but the feeling is ALWAYS there!

My current symptoms are...
the breathing problems mentioned above
tight chest and pain in the centre of my chest
sometimes I get a feeling like my throat is closing up and difficulty swallowing
loss of appetite - only really managing one proper meal a day and about 2 glasses of water
burping a lot

ronski
02-12-10, 16:26
I am having the same problems as you with my breathing at the moment. It is so awful and I also get an awful body heaviness as though the very life is being drained from my very being. I think it is a stressed nervous system that is causing it, well that's what I am putting it down to. Guided meditation does help but yes I think it is an anxiety issue.

Alex1983
06-12-10, 01:11
I too have this problem. I hope it is anxiety related!!

punkprincess19
09-12-10, 20:19
I'm still having this problem and it's really worrying me! My doctor doesn't seem bothered by it as my BP is ok! can i request a chest xray? I'm desperate!