PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks

mary56
01-12-10, 12:48
Hi everyone, I'm Mary. Just typed a very long thread, and lost it all! Just basically a bit about myself. I am having awful panic attacks at the moment. I was ill with food poisoning a couple of months ago and it left me so ill that I have now developed panic attacks because the physical symtoms were so scary. I TRY to tell myself I won't come to any harm while having an attack, but as you all know, the feelings are so scary that they take over your whole sense of reasoning. All you can concentrate on is how you actually feel, and to keep breathing! I look forward to sharing with everyone who experiences or has experienced panic attacks. There are so many people suffering from this horrible condition, and only those who have them can fully understand what they are like. I live alone and this makes things so much worse. The nights are dreadful, long and scary when I can't sleep.:scared15:

diane07
01-12-10, 12:49
Hi mary56

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

recoil
01-12-10, 13:04
hi and :welcome: to nmp

mandie
01-12-10, 13:08
Hi Mary

:welcome: to the site

love mandie x

mary56
01-12-10, 13:17
Thanks Mandie, looking forward to not feeling so alone! x

paula lynne
01-12-10, 13:19
Hi Mary, welcome aboard. The info on panic and anxiety on the left is very informative and helpful. Im reading "Self-help for your nerves" by Dr Claire Weekes, Id recommend it. Nice to meet you x:welcome:

worcester
01-12-10, 13:20
Hi Mary, and welcome I'm new to this site too, suffer major panic attacks, understand how you are feeling, hope we both learn lots from this site to.

mary56
01-12-10, 13:42
Hi Paula

I remember reading Claire Weeks' book many years ago; I don't have it now, but perhaps I will try and get hold of a copy. Thanks and I hope it helps you.:)

mary56
01-12-10, 13:43
Hi Worcester

I wish you all the best with this site, and I hope it gives you some support; that's what we all need when suffering from such awful anxiety, that only those who go through it can fully understand! x:flowers:

Helen1982
02-12-10, 12:33
Hello my dear Mary ,,welcome to this site ,,from now and on you are no longer alone we are here to support and help each other ,,,,we can fight panic attacks and nothing wrong will happen to you as you are safe here just be brave and help yourself and confront ur fears ,,remember God hep those who help themselves..

XXX Helen

mary56
02-12-10, 17:24
Hi Helen

I do try and find God in all this anxiety, but He doesn't make Himself too clear when you are in the pit! I just wish sometimes He would speak in the midst of the terror. I know when you look back you can think of the Footprints story, and that He was carrying you through, but it would be nice to just 'feel' His presence when you are alone and scared!

You're right though, God helps those who help themselves, and He works through other people. I remember hearing once, 'Ask God to help you with your work, but don't ask Him to do your work for you.' Same goes for any need I guess; ask Him to guide you and lead you to those who can help. This site is a start for those who are alone and just need some support and encouragement.

Mary xxx

Pcdaft
02-12-10, 17:45
hi mary i suffered the same 6 years ago when i was in hospital with acute peritonitus ? it is really scary? last week i fell down the stairs twice and banged my head twice ended up in casualty ? they said i was ok but battered my head a bit ? now i think im away back to how i felt 6 years ago? been to doc and they said it would pass but its the nightimes that are worse? going back tomorow again ?did the doc give you anything for it ?hope you are ok soon xx

mary56
13-12-10, 18:30
hi panic52

Just seen your message to me; sorry to hear of your fall downstairs; hope you are well recovered now. Night times are horrible when you are anxious aren't they? I never sleep well; sometimes I get off Ok, but always wake up after a couple of hours and then my brain goes into overdrive, and I think all sorts! hope you are feeling bit better now xx

xTomx
14-12-10, 08:54
im tom and looking for a new site since my last one i was on went down. really wish i didnt have to wait the 5 days for the chat :( just lost right now.

paula lynne
14-12-10, 09:53
Hi Tom, welcome aboard x:welcome:

watteee
14-12-10, 19:21
hi mary,welcome,i get them too but only when im asleep,scary!! sometimes i dont want to go to bed because i know whats coming.