PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

shazy
01-12-10, 22:37
Suffering with the physical symptoms of anxiety 24/7.Difficulty in breathing all thetime,keep taking shallow breaths into my chest,hyperventilating i think.anyone out there in the same distressing boat?

diane07
01-12-10, 22:39
Hi shazy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Gemzy
01-12-10, 23:06
welcome to NMP hun. hope u get lots of support here. everyone is fantastic!

bmccartney
02-12-10, 02:55
yep.. that is me 100% of the time! constant tight chest! Awful, day after day. |I look at other people and constantly wonder why i cannot feel normal

mary56
02-12-10, 11:28
Yes Shazy; fully sympathise with you. The anxiety symptoms are horrible because they feel so physical, which they are. No one understands unless they have experienced them but it seems they are so common, judging by the many websites about anxiety.

I have had them in the past but not for years until recently following a bout of food poisoning, the after effects of which have gone on for so long that I am now convinced something is physically wrong with me. Waiting for tests but my anxiety levels are now through the roof and I have been having all the panic attack symptoms, breathlessness, shortness of breath, choking sensation, chest discomfort all of which is very scary and feels life threatening at the time.

Hang on in there fellow sufferer; we understand, which doesn't help you in the middle of an attack I know, but when you are a bit calmer, be assured that others know what you are going through.

Best wishes, Mary x

shazy
02-12-10, 21:19
thankyou for replying,im so desperate to get out of this as i am a mother of 6.i focus all the time on my breathing and watch other people how they are breathing,dont know if this worsens the situation or not.have any of you tried the diaphram breathing exercises and have they stopped these dreadful symptoms?

Vanilla Sky
03-12-10, 10:50
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

loveletter
03-12-10, 22:44
Hi I have had this very bad for 3 weeks now and have it quite bad tonight am really worried about going to bed because of it.
I have to keep telling myself I have had it before and got over it and nothing really bad will happen to me.
Sometime I can put a hand on my belly and one on my chest and try to get the breathing to come from my belly. Sometimes I can do this and it really does help for a while. Other times it makes it worse and I have to try to distract myself

shazy
04-12-10, 11:39
Thankyou for your reply,i have had these symptoms of shortness of breath whatever you want to call it for 17 months now.diagnosed with anxiety at the time but did not believe it because the symptoms are so real.I had cbt but couldnt make head or tail of it,sometimes think to myself nothing has happened heart attack.death etc..so must be anxiety.I think i am anxious about having anxiety if that makes sense.how do we get out of this visious circle?how do we relax these tense chest and stomach muscles and stop hyperventilating to compensate for this,this is what i was told im doing by the cbt therapist.i am finding no answers from anyone and hoping to get some answer or tip or help from here.take care.http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/icons/icon9.gif