PDA

View Full Version : lymph node in back of neck - right side just below hairline

Mogwog
02-12-10, 17:18
Hi all

I knew it wouldnt be long before I was back on here posting about a new worry - normally my thing is breast cancer.

Well the other day I was rubbing the back of my neck as I was stretching and came across a small lump - less than 1 cm on the right side of the back of my neck just below the hairline (parallel to my earlobe), I have no idea how long it has been there, since I have never really felt that part of my neck before.

I have been thinking - no sorry WORRYING about it for the past few days and then today had enough and went to the Dr who said it was a lymph node that had proably come up due to a previous infection and hasn't gone down again, he said sometimes nodes don't ever go back down to their original size.

The rational part of my brain is saying "you've had it checked which was the right thing to do and been told its fine", whilst the irrational stupid HA part of my brain is saying "The Dr is wrong".

He even said he has a node on the side of his neck that he sometimes worries about- but it's fine.

Was wondering if any of you lovely people have this or other nodes that just haven't gone down? He referred to it as shotty nodes.

Thank you :D

cook ie
02-12-10, 18:38
Hi

I have exactly the same thing - enlarged lymph node on the side of my neck. I've had it for about 6years and seen 3 doctors about it, all of which said the same - sometimes nodes swell and never go down. I think its quite common as my dr also said she has them too!!!

Try not to worry x

charliepanayi
02-12-10, 19:39
I've had one towards the back of my neck for almost a year now, I've gone to the GP once or twice about it and they've said not to worry about it. I know it can nag away at you though.

Mogwog
02-12-10, 19:44
Thanks for yuor replies guys - I just hate having lumps as I never seem to be able to be rational about them. :weep:

You have helped to reassure me though.x