PDA

View Full Version : CT Colonography result tomorrow ...

MrsNervous
02-12-10, 19:51
I have appointment with consultant to hear the result of my CT Colonography that I had a week ago. To say I am cacking myself is an understatement. I am SOOOOOOOO scared of what he may say to me.

I asked him during my initial consultation did he think my symptoms were a sign of something sinister and he said not at all. I got myself so upset a few days later that hubby rang and spoke to his assistant and she said that I should relax as after I had left the room I gave him no concerns at all, but ...

yes, the anxiety demon that sits on my shoulder is driving me crazy. I have had a very emotional week, ok one minute, tears the next. Keep telling myself that what will be will be but I am really starting to feel the anxiety levels crank up now. Can't bear the thought of going to bed later as I don't think I'll be able to sleep. Can see a restless night ahead and probably end up watching tv to take my mind off it.

Need a cyber hug and lots of positive thoughts. I have appointment with my GP on Monday to discuss with her the possibility of getting help to deal with my fear of death and health anxiety issues as I was such a blubbering wreck during my appointment with my consultant that I need to sort this out. I did it with my fear of flying so I'm sure with some support I can find a coping strategy for my anxiety when faced with a medical problem/hospital procedure.

Got a supportive hubby, but he is so bloomin laid back I don't think he truly understands what its like to be bogged down with fear like this :weep:

paula lynne
02-12-10, 21:35
Hi Mrs Nervous. x
Yep a big day for you tomorrow, but its out of your hands....please trust what youve already been told, its not something sinister.x

Try lavender tomorrow, and keep busy before the appointment to distract yourself. Your hubby sounds like mine, bless em! x

What youre feeling is completely rational, its a scary time, and waiting is so hard isnt it, so even a person without anxiety would feel the same, its reactive anxiety, ie, anxiety with a very real cause.

A warm bath tonight, warm milk (tryptophans will help you sleep), neck massage from hubby...watch a film, read a book...you know....please let us know how you get on. Have some hugs from South Wales....:hugs::hugs::hugs:

mandie
03-12-10, 09:54
Good luck for today :hugs:

mandie x

MrsNervous
03-12-10, 11:08
I am back from appointment with Consultant and VERY relieved that scan result shows organs all ok, no signs of any cancers/tumours/polyps. :yesyes:
What I do have is diverticular disease. He wants to do a small op but I have declined for now (it's not urgent) - too much to take on in the run up to Christmas - so will meet again in Feb to discuss.
This also gives me time to discuss getting help for my death/health anxiety with my gp on Monday.
Feeling much happier. Just got my MRI scan next Thursday to get out of the way, but looking forward to a good weekend for now.
Thanks for messages of support folks :hugs: