PDA

View Full Version : I need hlep ASAP - Collarbone lump

Mogwog
03-12-10, 09:45
Hi

I posted yesterday about accidently coming across a lump on the right side of the back of my neck just below my harline, it is softish but does not move at all, I went to doc who said its a lymph node and not too worry, but I was just rubbing my collarbone adn I have a lump there, I ahvent googled but from past googling with other things I remember reading that a lump in the collarbone is not a good sign - I am petrified and have another appt with the doc this morning,

Please can anyone else feels the glands or something in their collarbone?

L.x

JaneC
03-12-10, 09:52
We have lymph nodes beside our collarbones. Hopefully the doc can reassure you that's what this is x

Groundhog
03-12-10, 10:00
We have between 500-700 lymph nodes. I have just Googled for you and there are several along the collar bone area mostly about half way along

chris_1982
03-12-10, 10:25
As long as the doctors has checked it I would say its perfectly fine. I have to have my glands checked every few months because I had Melanoma once and I am always asking the skin doctor about them. She says they have a very distictive feel if they are an issue. So if your doctor was in any doubt he would have sent you for a further tests.

Lymph nodes can enlarge for any number of minor reasons for example an infection you are/were fighting or touching them too much. Some come up and never go away so it could be from an infection successfully fought off way back.

Chris

Mogwog
03-12-10, 12:08
Thanks

I have been to the docs but still feel awful. He has ordered a blood test. He felt the node on neck and one in collarbone and said they seemed fine but I am haunted by what I have previously read - that you should NOT be able to feel the nodes in your collarbone unless its serious.

Has no one else ever been able to feel theirs?

He said it felt like it was less than 1 com

I am still scared and dont know how I am going to get over this fear.

I hate myself at the moment.

chris_1982
03-12-10, 12:25
I can feel mine on both sides just over my collorbone from the front, I have to push but its there and has been exactly like that at least for 12 years. The right slightly more than the left, really have to look for the left. I really wouldn't over worry about this its almost certainly nothing.

Chris

Mogwog
03-12-10, 12:44
Thanks Chris
x

bottleblond
03-12-10, 13:21
Hi Mog

Yup, i had a freak out about 3 years ago now as i felt a squishy lump on the right side of my neck betwen my ear and my colar bone. I got myself in such a state and made myself go to th doctors to have it chcked out.

I was told that it was completely natural and nothing to worry about. 3 years on and it's done me no harm whatsoever.

Lisa
x

Mogwog
03-12-10, 13:32
Hi Lisa

Was your lump in the side of your neck or actually in your collarbone? As I have glands in the side of my neck thta don't worry me at all but because this one is actually in the area immediately above the collarbone I am bricking it, everytihngsays its common to feel them in your neck but not collarbone.xxxx

Thanks

L.x

bottleblond
03-12-10, 13:55
Mine is at the side of my neck but we can get them in most places.
I also had one between two of the bones on my hand leading down to the fingers. I had that for years and then it just went. The doc said it was a ganglain (however you spell it) lol.

If your doc said it looked normal then i wouldn't worry hun.

Lisa
xx