PDA

View Full Version : i really don't know if i can stick these out

ems43
03-12-10, 12:37
Hi there

Well I've been on pregablin for 11 days now, and am just feeling awful. When i take the morning dose, despite having a big breakfast, I feel completly out of it about 2 hours later, stoned almost, really bad detatched feeling like I'm not here. It normally lasts about 2 hours. I just really don't know if these are suiting me... I know you can have some start up side effects but these are now really ruining my day. I'm dreading getting up every mornign and taking it, its taking away all my coping skills like going swimmign and stuff as I just feel so out of it in the day. This is not helping my weight gain from mirt... now none of my trousers fit me. Sorry, I'm ranting now, I just feel so hopeless, had such high hopes for these tablets xx

sop84
03-12-10, 12:48
I've been on cit for 6 days now and have suffered with rele bad nausea. And the past 2 days feeling very panicky and anxious. I know that i've got to stick with them tho as its gunna take a while for my body to adjust.

Sorry to hear that your feeling the way you do, all i can rele say is stick with them and if your rele worried speak to your gp for re-assurance. xxxxxxx

ems43
03-12-10, 12:59
thank you, I know really it will take my body some time to adjust. The problem is that these meds are supposed to work quite quickly from what I understand, not make you feel worse to start like some ssri's do. Good luck with the citalopram by the way, it has been a god send to me in the past and numerous people I know. I'm seeing my psychiatrist on Monday so will have a chat to him abo0ut it then . thanks again xx

Belfry1973
03-12-10, 19:39
HI ems

Sorry you aint feeling so great, I had a look back through what I'd written and I was still having issues with the euphoria and 'stoned' feeling up to 2 weeks later as well. They def did some relief but then the anxiety came back a bit.
The side effects dont seem to be constant after a while but come and go, for example after 4 months I've still got a dry mouth. The weight gain side effect seems to be a given and happen to most people, but I just look at it like I'd rather be bigger but be able to go out the house by myself, than thinner and living on my sofa all tearful.

Try eating something about an hour after you've taken the tablet, rather than having a meal and hour or so before taking it. Even when I've had breakfast I still find I have to eat something after taking it. It might be worth a try.

Good luck if you try to persist with it.

Bel
X

ems43
03-12-10, 20:22
thanks bel, sorry, reading back i seem like such a moaner, but it really isn't a pleasent feeling. i will try to stick at it xx

JT69
05-12-10, 11:12
Hi Ems,

Sorry you are feeling so crap with the pregabalin....please dont feel a moaner...thats what this site is for...no-one will think that.

I totally understand how you are feeling and the frustrations but it will get better...we are all different and re-act in different ways to doses and drugs etc...but I cannot praise this drug enough...it has really helped me and know it can help alot more people.

Even after the length of time I have taken this I sometimes feel that detached feeling...its horrible...mine usually happens around lunch time and especially if I leave eating until I am really hungry...very odd.

The benefits far out-weigh all of that though and I do hope that you will feel some soon.

Keep posting and hun moan away...if it helps get it off your chest....thats what we are here for.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.

JO.xx

keval
05-12-10, 17:10
Hi ems,

Sounds like you'll be seeing your psychiatrist tomorrow so hopefully that will be helpful.

As I have the Lyrica Package Leaflet sitting alongside my computer at the moment, I notice a couple of entries in the 'Uncommon side-effects' section. One is 'Change in perception of self' and the other is 'feeling abnormal'. Perhaps it would be worth discussing these with your psychiatrist.

Incidentally, 'Uncommon side-effects' are defined in the leaflet as those 'which may affect more than 1 person in 1000'. For what it's worth, I experience at least one of these 'Uncommon side-effects'.

Normally, I would shy away from offering the above information because of my obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Please confirm the accuracy of the information I have provided by checking the Lyrica Package Leaflet.

I should also point out that I am not medically qualified. I simply wanted to offer you some information that may be relevant.

All the very best!

keval

Belfry1973
05-12-10, 20:47
Thing is, I bet we could all name at least one of those side effects that we are suffering right now. Its really not healthy to keep concentrating on the side effects and watching out for them.

I shall tell you a little story of when I was working in mental health.............
I had a service user who had just started taking Venlafaxine, I would go round and monitor the effects of it. One day she started complaining to me that she had every single side effect on the leaflet, and asked if she was sure and she was absolutely adamant.
I eventually had to point out to her, that a) She was definately infertile as she was 76 so it wasnt the drug and b) She couldnt possibly be impotent as she didnt have a penis!
Thankfully she agreed to stop trying to check for side effects and carried on taking the medication!

ems43
06-12-10, 12:24
ha, I like that story Bels! Oh so true though! Well have been to see my psychiatrist today and decided that we are going to stop the pregablin. Thank you for all your support, I really do appreciate it, I just don't feel it was for me. I really couldn't handle that feeling in the day . Perhaps I should have given it longer, but I just have to do what feels right. I'm so glad they have helped so many of you and please don't anyone be put off by my experience, I was obviously sensitive to them. I think if my worst symtpoms were not the depersonalisation etc then I would have been able to cope with the feeling spaced out etc, but it was just too much. We have now decided to try and different route and I am going to give sertraline a shot. Keeping my fingers crossed, looking forward to getting of the changing meds merry go round! Thanks again,Emma xx

Belfry1973
06-12-10, 13:05
I agree with them being bad if you suffer from depersonalisation!
Good luck with the setraline, I hope you find yourself content soon.

Bel
X

JT69
06-12-10, 19:35
Bless you Ems....must of been awful!!! Good luck with the new meds!!!

Jo.xx