PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new, wow I'm really not alone!!

Leesha
19-03-06, 21:06
Well I've been told so many times that this is really comon but never met anyone else who suffers.........untill now!!!

Anyway Hi, I'm 35 and suffered from panic disorder since 1993 (wow 13 years now!) following a car accident where I spent 10 frightening days in hospital.

I have had periods of time where I'm panic free untill certain triggers have brought it all back again, most recently was the birth of my beautiful daughter last May (2005), so I'm struggling again at the moment but certain that with hard work I will be well again :)

Well thats me, will be delighted to meet all of you really lovely brave people :D

Leesha
19-03-06, 21:08
Oh by the way it's my birthday tomorrow[Yeah!]

nomorepanic
19-03-06, 21:08
Hi Leesha

Lovely to see you here and a warm welcome aboard.

yes there are loads of us I am afraid to say but the good thing is that you will get loads of support and help here so stick around ok?

Ask any questions you want to and someone will always answer.

Nicola

nomorepanic
19-03-06, 21:12
Happy Birthday for tomorrow - keep an eye on this post Leesha

[Link removed as post deleted]

Nicola

Alexandra
19-03-06, 21:46
Hi Leesha

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of support & help here.

Your not alone in how you feel at all.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

trac67
19-03-06, 23:01
Hi Leesha,

welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

weepinky
19-03-06, 23:27
hi Leesha,

like you I am new to the site and have never met anyone who suffers (until a couple of days ago that is, when I found this wonderful site)!

Look forward to getting to know you.

Pinky

sal
20-03-06, 00:16
Hi Leesha

Pleased you have found us and we will help you all we can hun and like you have said you are by no way alone in how you feel.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - hope you have a great day hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

shoegal
20-03-06, 03:28
Hi,
I'm new here too. I have never met anyone who suffers from panic disorder but judging by everything I've read, it is a normal human response to stress. We are not mad, just suffering from the flight or fight response that ALL animals and humans get. Unfortunately for us, something has made us more sensitive and we are set off too easily, but that's all it is... we must remember that when we feel really bad! WE ARE NORMAL..... JUST TOO SENSITIVE!!! [^]

Two heads
20-03-06, 09:12
Hi Leesha!Glad you found the forum,i found it a couple of weeks ago and i have found it very helpful.I myself had alovely little girl in may and havet really been myself since,but panick didnt reallly begin entill december!I sometimes wonder if hormones have set it off? Welcome,and happy brithday!I hope its a good one with no panick.xx

Paddington
20-03-06, 10:01
Happy birthday to you,happy birthday to you,happy biiirrrthday dear leesha,happy birthdayto you!So glad you found this place.It's the start of gettin well,what a birthday pressie aye!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

angelvickie
20-03-06, 18:11
Hi Leesha & welcome to the site.

My Panic/anxiety & PTSD were brought on by a car accident too. You'll find loads of advice on here.

Vickie

dream
20-03-06, 18:44
hi leesha
welcome to this site
take care denisexxx
oh happy birthday hope you have had a good day ,

denise

Leesha
20-03-06, 19:35
Thanks everyone for welcoming me, and the birthday wishes :)

Well I've had a good day today and been full of confidence, don't know if its just because it's my birthday and I've been determined to enjoy it, or wether it's the start of a brand new year for me? anyway, which ever it is lets hope it lasts!

Lovely to meet you all and looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

By the way, (sorry can't remember your name [Oops!] ) I also felt ok for about 6 months after having baby, so you could be right, maybe it is hormonal? Lets hope things get back on track soon :)

Take Care
Love Leesha

Meg
21-03-06, 21:54
Happy Birthday and welcome !!

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

Karen
21-03-06, 22:04
Hi Leesha

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find some good help and support here.

Glad you had a good birthday.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

sal
21-03-06, 23:30
Pleased you had a good birthday and lets hope it is the start of a new year for you. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".