PDA

View Full Version : Eating ..heart ???

trev1234
03-12-10, 18:44
Hi everyone.at the moment my stress levels are extremely high...i am suffering all kinds off symptoms...Well back to the point..I have for a few years now had a proble.The problem is after eating food(usually 20 mins after) my heart rate increases so much.120 beats approx.its making me feel like not eating at all.It last for about 30 mins..I used to think it was certain foods...Certain foods did used to make it worse but now it seems most foods are causing this problem..It makes me feel anxious aswell.I done 30 test strips at home with a home diabetes testall was well in the range of ok.....any help appreciated...

ann88
03-12-10, 19:21
Hi, i just wanted to let you know that I get the exact same thing. I have noticed that sugary foods tend to make it much worse but pretty much every time i have a meal my heart rate increase to around 100-120. it takes about an hour or two to slow down. I'm sure it's the anxiety that's causing it but the only thing i can recommend is just try to stick to eating very small amounts but very often, like every hour or 2 if possible, and gradually build it up as you start to feel less anxious. To be honest I think eating big meals is not recommended for anybody, always better to eat little and often. Just be reassured that you are certainly not on your own on this one.

Dizz
03-12-10, 20:04
Check out what GI (glycemic index) the foods you are eating have. For example potatos apparently are very high GI foods and they contain a lot of natural sugars... (I never knew potatoes contained sugar until my chiropractor mentioned it whilst she was tweaking my back and I said I thought I was allergic to potatoes etc)... anyway these foods give a sudden burst of sugar/energy and can cause what you describe.

trev1234
03-12-10, 21:07
thanks people ...

trev1234
03-12-10, 21:14
but what causes it for some of us ?...