PDA

View Full Version : MS???

Juliamidlands
19-03-06, 21:35
Hi guys
Really down tonight and need some advice. This is not even anxiety related but I dont know where else to go for advice.

I've not been panicky or anxious much lately at all to be honest.
Last weekend, I felt 'off colour' and had a sore throat, and felt increasingly as if I had flu coming. At work on Monday I began feeling dizzy when I walked around, sort of a sea-sickness feeling. This persisted on Tuesday, by Wednesday I assumed I had flu, so was off sick from work. That night, it had got to the stage where my mum had to help me walk to the bathroom as I was so dizzy when I tried to walk around.

On thursday I made an appointment with my doctor, who said it was likely I had a 'viral illness', plus Labyrinthitis, and she prescribed Prochlorperazine 5mg to help with the dizziness, but the tablets have not helped at all- they have just made me drowsy but the dizziness is just as bad. it feels as if the floor is moving beneath me when I walk.

The doctor told me to rest for a few days, which I have been doing, I attempted to go out today, so we went for a pub lunch but I felt so dizzy when walking to and from the pub but OK when we were sitting down inside. (before you ask, no I don't have agoraphobia! :-) )

Tonight I called my boss and told her I wouldn't be well enough to come to work tomorrow. I'm going back to the doctors as well, to tell him/her that the medication I've been prescribed is not working.

I am not usually a hypochondriac, but I'm quite worried as to what this might be. It is so out-of-character for me. I'm worried that I might have MS, as in recent months I have had random pins and needless all over me.

Does anyone have any ideas, as I KNOW that this is not a panic thing. Sorry for posting this here but I'm so worried.

Julia xx

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.

nomorepanic
19-03-06, 21:42
Julia

I won't mention anxiety as it may not be that. Could it be an ear infection that is making you dizzy?

Also Trac (who may reply later) had this last week - she was feeling really dizzy all the time.

There are a lot of bugs going round and some are making us feel complete rubbish so maybe it is just that.

Don't jump to the conclusion that it is MS as that will worry you more. More likely it is a virus as doctor said and should go soon.

Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow.

Nicola

Trish
19-03-06, 21:47
Hi Julia

I have had two bouts of Labyrinthitis and it's horrid, the first bout lasted about two weeks and the 2nd about a week. It is such a horrible thing to have and i feel for you. You are right to go back to see your GP if you feel the meds are not working for you.

Anxiety can cause pins and needles so i wouldn't think for one moment you have MS, but if this is worrying you also mention it to your GP.

I hope you feel better very soon.

Trish

Juliamidlands
19-03-06, 21:49
Hiya, yes an ear infection did cross my mind- but when I saw the doctor last Thurs she checked my ears and didn't say anything. Just said it was a viral thing. But I know my body, and I have never had this feeling before in my life, it scares me.

trac67
19-03-06, 22:50
Hi Julia,

I have been feeling exactly the same this week, sore throat, dizzy, lightheaded, and as if I was getting the flu, and of course it made my anxiety sky high.

It is a virus thats going about, but it seems to wipe you out big time, and it has left me with headaches and a cough, my daughter had it a few weeks ago and is still coughing now.

Try not to let it worry you though, as it will pass soon, but I do know how you feel as it has got me down, feeling so rubbish.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Humly
20-03-06, 10:06
Sounds like viral labrynthitis which you cant see by looking in your ears. It usually just goes away on its own but perhaps you need some different meds to calm the dizziness down a bit.

There are some rotten bugs going around at the moment so try not to worry. It will be gone soon.

Juliamidlands
20-03-06, 19:31
Went back to doctors this morning, he confirmed what the doc I saw last week said originally, that I have got Labyrinthitis- well he wrote Vertigo on my doctors note so am assuming they are the same thing. I have got a new prescription to try- Cinnarizine, so hopefully it will work. Took the first dose this afternoon and feel completely zonked out- which is a side effect of the tablets [xx(]

ashley
21-03-06, 08:43
hi julia,
I nad that a few years back now, i was so bad i had no balance atall, and i felt extremley sick with it,couldnt move my head around because the it made me so badley dizzy,and i had to lay on the sofa for literally 2 weeks, it was so nasty.
When i first relsied i had it ,it was well strange ,i took my son to bed and as i got of the bed i fell over... i freaked as you can imagine,,, especially when you are an anxious person you know.
But eventully thankgod it went..nasty though.
Just relax babe that is the only thing you can do with that.

ashx