PDA

View Full Version : Can any one tell me if this is just anxiety

tricia56
03-12-10, 20:14
hi i suffer with general social and health anxiety and im 54 and baby siting for my 3 young grandchildren and im really anxiouse as i keep thinking wat if i pass out or anything and no one is here to help the grandchildren as im on my own and is this just normal in anxiety as worried about it and can any one advice me how to over come it thk you

bottleblond
03-12-10, 20:19
tricia

Definately anxiety hun probably because you know you are responsible for the three little ones.

You're not going to pass out. Your head is going through all the and's, if's, but's and maybe's which i think we can all do when in a position of responsibility. I have been in a similar situation many times and nothing bad ever happened.

Try to relax hun. Ring a friend for a wee chat or distrat yourself on here till it passes but i promise you now, nothing bad with happen, it's just anxiety feeding anxiety.

Lisa
xx

tricia56
03-12-10, 20:21
thk you for the advice i feel better a little now ive got some advice so thk you

Ambers
03-12-10, 20:21
You wont pass out! But I understand as sometimes I panic when looking after my own child when I am feeling unwell.

When I feel like this I make a safety net around us. He knows his name, age and address and how to dial 999 for an ambulance. (He learnt this as a game - he has no idea about my fears) How old is the eldest? You will be very surprise how 'on the ball' they would be in an emergency.... however you will not faint!

Tia Maria
03-12-10, 20:23
Hi Tricia
Yes, this sounds like classic anxiety thoughts to me - I have had similar thoughts too. The way I used to deal with them is firstly to tell myself that these 'thoughts' were simply irrational and then try and focus my thoughts elsewhere - like walking in the garden (a bit difficult at night and in the snow - or even stand at the door), do a crossword, listen to the radio or even phone a friend or Samaritans - this will also help you realise that you are not alone. Hope this helps. Tia x
P.S. Try also saying to yourself - "thinking something does not and cannot make it happen"!

bottleblond
03-12-10, 20:23
Awww don't you worry, you will be just fine!! That's a promise :hugs: xxx