PDA

View Full Version : help-citalapram

cluck
04-12-10, 00:28
hi everyone i have been taking 20mg citalapram for 3 mnths and not really seeing a improvment in my panic attacks, what should i do next? ask for a higher mg? xx

suzy-sue
04-12-10, 00:37
I would ask to try 30mg ..and see how you feel after 4-6 weeks ..All the best sue x

nomorepanic
04-12-10, 00:40
I would ask for CBT and some help rather than more medication

suzy-sue
04-12-10, 01:01
Perhaps you could read a book to help yourself with the attacks .I read Claire weekes Essential help for your Nerves .It really helped me .The NMP shop sells it and there are numerous people on here that its helped .I say try 30mg because low doses dont usually work for Anxiety .20mg is what is classed as a effective dose for Mild moderate Depression .Higher doses of 30-40 mg are usually necessary for panic and Anxiety .But you need to also do other things to help yourself.Pills alone wont fix it ,they just help with the symptoms . sue x

cluck
04-12-10, 16:53
i have just finished cbt just waiting to see what the next steps are, also i try concentration tactics when my panic attacks come on such as reading doing the ironng etc... just feels they are getting more and more frequent any advice would be grateful thank you x

HarrogateChris
04-12-10, 17:11
Citalopram doesn't work for everyone, it may not be for you. Definitely something to discuss with your GP.

Chris

suzy-sue
04-12-10, 18:44
I stand by what I said about increasing .Its amazing how even 10mg can make the difference .Your Dr may say increase to 40mg .But to avoid bad side effects of even more anxiety do it in 10mg steps .Im sure you will feel the benefits of an increase .20MG IS JUST A STARTING DOSE.Severe Anxiety /panic requires a higher dose .Then you can work on your issues a bit more to get completely well .T/c Sue x