PDA

View Full Version : Convincing myself I'm about to go into anaphylactic shock

ZMan
04-12-10, 00:44
This may sound very very wierd so please bear with me.

Basically earlier on I was rewaxing one of my jackets and put on some spare glvoes lying in our kitchen, latex gloves if I remember right.

About an hour later after drinking tea I had noticed my toungue had swollen, and my mouth felt very dry. I then panicked and ever since have started looking for symptoms.

However, since then I've been feeling the dry toungue and dry throat etc. as well as the enlarged toungue, I'm now convincing myself it was an allergic reaction to the latex and that my body's going to go into anaphylactic shock. I've got a dry throat, mouth and swollen toungue, and I'm now constantly checking my breathing. I can see myself really working myself into a panic and convincing myself I'm about to die here... :ohmy:

nomorepanic
04-12-10, 00:46
This would have happened within minutes not hours later so you are fine

ZMan
04-12-10, 00:50
This would have happened within minutes not hours later so you are fine

Unfortunately, I have googled it:
"These reactions usually occur within seconds to minutes of exposure. Occasionally, they are delayed. "

You can't win, can you :roflmao:

Anxious_gal
04-12-10, 01:46
from what I know!!! swelling of the air ways happen with in minutes, but swelling of the face body rash etc can happen later.
so if your tongue is really swollen as in looks swollen not just feels it, then yes you may have had a reaction and should get an allergy test, but your air ways will not swell up so you will be ok x