PDA

View Full Version : Waking up anxious

dodo
04-12-10, 09:11
For the past few weeks I gave been waking up in the morning feeling in edge and anxious. Straight away my pulse is racing and I can't breathe correctly. If I get up I seem to be ok.

But I've been having these sinking feelings in the morning too like I'm dying. I am pretty sure I'm awake too which baffles me as I can't then put it down to the dropping go sleep feeling.

I really like lying in bed for half an hour in the morning so this is really intruding on my life. Any suggestions?

countrygirl
04-12-10, 13:07
Dodo I have replied to your other posts and its weird but we are having almost exactly the same symptoms - I get the sinking feeling and like you get it when I am awake but really I think its happening when we start to relax so yes we are awake but it seems to be connected to relaxation. I also am having to get up in the morning rather than lay in bed half asleep as as soon as I wake up the sensations come back and are so bad its better to be up. I would imagine your racing heart is purely the reaction to these sensations. As I have had these sensations before badly for nearly a year about 7 yrs ago I am hoping that like last time they will go away themselves eventaully.

Have you told your Dr about them and if so what did they say??

dodo
04-12-10, 13:14
I know countrygirl. I have read all your replies and we do seem to sound similar lol. What are we going to do with ourselves!!!!

I just wish it would go away.

It has started this year since my periods got worse after having my baby. I am convinced this is all hormone related. But everything I've read points to early menopause and I'm only early thirties so can't see it being that.

I would have expected after a year that my hormones would have levelled out. The only thing I can think it is that I've messed them up by taking the pill for a couple of months and now I'm off it again.

countrygirl
04-12-10, 18:50
It never occured to me that this could be hormonal - I am perimenopausal as I am 49 yrs old and have had wacky time for past 4 years- was thinking of having a hysterectomy but went on natural progesterone instead and it improved dramatically but still far from how I used to be.

I first started with hormonal problems when I was 36 yrs old and got spotting etc and had this for couple of years then all seemed to settle for about 5 yrs. They do say peri can last up to 15 yrs!!!!!!!!!!