PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Im new

lady emmie
20-03-06, 11:16
Hello,

My names Emma, im 22 yrs old and have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression which has been taking over my life.

Once a confidence lass now a total recluse, Seems to be that i get anxeity attacks when im in public places, Was in post office the other day and completey starting losing it sweating shaking and feeling like i was going mad inside! Even just poppin don the shop is hard!

Been signed off for 2 weeks by dr....Just dreading going back!

Would love to chat to anyone whos suffering too!!

Emma :D

Alexandra
20-03-06, 11:18
Hi Hun

Welcome to the forum.

You will find lots of help & support on here.

Your certainly not alone in your feelings ive gone through the same as you re depression & anxiety & am currently doing my best to combat mild agraphobia, i get panicky etc in crowded places when ive tried going out with my fiance & friends but i m slowly getting there & i sure you will do to.

Keep positive

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

andrew england 2
20-03-06, 11:39
welcome to NMP emmie

Paddington
20-03-06, 11:54
Hi there you have come to the right place,i am exactly the same!Cant do things in case i get panicy,well this forum is full of wonderful people with wonderful ideas to help you.Welcome Emma.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

lin
20-03-06, 11:55
Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum you find loads of help and support i've had anxiety/panic attacks for 4yrs and since being on this site it's helped me lots.

linda x

lady emmie
20-03-06, 12:09
Its nice to see im not alone and i really think spending time on here will help me.

Its hard to chat to people without it! at least people on here understand xx

trac67
20-03-06, 12:30
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jackie
20-03-06, 13:32
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=reading

hey emma ! you are not alone with how you feel, you will love this site.

have you ever read claire weekes book called self help for your nerves, a really great book you can order online from the above site

jackie

Spice
20-03-06, 13:35
Hi Emma

Welcome to NMP. They are a great bunch here are are so supportive.

I have the same as you and the going can get really tough but hopefully we can all help each other get through.

Love
Spice

Robertc160882
20-03-06, 14:32
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forum I hope you find some useful advice on here I know I did and it makes things a little bit easier. Don’t worry about getting back to work until your ready I rushed back after two weeks and I regret it but I’m okay now so not to worry lol.

I also experienced a similar thing at the post office and the one were I stay is so small it was really busy, which didn’t help. We all feel like we are going mad inside but truth is we aren’t we just make ourselves believe we are.

Did the doctor give you any medication like anti depressants, diazepam or has he just referred you for some counselling. Remember it is possible to return to the way you were before I did it and if you read the success stories on this site you will see other people have so don’t get to downhearted about it all.

It is true what you say it is very hard to speak to people without our condition and we have probably all had our problems trying to communicate our feelings with people who don’t suffer. It is very hard to make people understand by god I find it hard to make my own doctor understand maybe I should change doctors?

Well I hope you get through this wee bad patch feel free to pm anytime if I can be of any help to you.

Good Luck ;)

Robert

clickaway
20-03-06, 14:59
Hi Emma,

Firstly welcome to the site where you will find a wealth of advice and loads of understanding people. Indeed, you are not alone - far from it!

Secondly. I know it is so hard to have agoraphobia, but please try and make a few steps outside each day - don't hide inside because you are off work. The way to get over this is to gently expose yourself to more outdoor situations so that a trip to the post office will no longer become a nightmare.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
20-03-06, 18:28
Hi Emma,

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Feel free to ask any questions you want to.

Nicola

dream
20-03-06, 18:29
Hi Emma
welcome to this site
take care denisexxx

denise

Karen
20-03-06, 20:25
Hi Emma

Welcome to the forum.

You might find the following information helpful:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Meg
21-03-06, 21:49
Hi em

Welcome

Thats sounds about right for anxiety- I couldn't even make it to the postoffice for a while.

Read the links and take it slowly

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

sal
21-03-06, 23:32
Hi Em

Thinking about you and know how hard this is. We will help you all we can and you go back when you feel ready. There is no time limit on this hun.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".