PDA

View Full Version : Increase dose how long will side effects last?

Sarah Louise
04-12-10, 14:29
Hi,

Man these side effects are killing me i am sure they are worse then when i first started takin Cit. I am on 60mg but have got bad sweating and yawning which makes me feel sick. My anxiety is very hightened also and i have had shakes when i wake up in the morning with weakness. I also can not sleep the doc gave me diazopram 5mg but i am scared of taking it what will it do and is it addictive???

I am worried that the increase will make me worse even though they worked fine for the last 6 months just had a really bumpy time.

Any comments greatly appreciated x x

Laneybc
04-12-10, 19:03
The diazepam would be to help with the heightened anxiety. It is addictive but you would only be taking it for a short term while the citalopram adjusts, wouldn't you? I personally wouldn't taken it for longer than a week or two and only when needed but that is just me. I am always worried about addiction. Hope you are feeling better soon.

ems43
04-12-10, 19:38
Hi sarah, I too was really scared to take diazapan at first. You could always try breaking it in half as if you havent taken before 2.5mg might be enough to take the edge off x

Sarah Louise
05-12-10, 10:09
Thanks ladies i am going to try deep breath.

heavenly
05-12-10, 10:41
I also can not sleep the doc gave me diazopram 5mg but i am scared of taking it what will it do and is it addictive???

Only if used long term. They will help you whilst the side effects are bad. Cut them in half if you that makes you feel better but don't suffer in silence. xx

Sarah Louise
05-12-10, 22:49
Hi Girls,

I chicken out of taking the Diazepam and too my surprise i have been okay still anxious when i wake up in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoon but i have been okay in the evenings so i think the 60mg Cit is kicking in but boy am i sweating.

Even my eylids are sweating lol

Sarah Louise
07-12-10, 10:33
Hey everyone,

My anxiety has calmed down loads since my increase and the side effects have settled down still a little anxious but its managable i just want to be stable on the tablets now as i am aware you can not increase cit past 60mg which makes me nerves. Thanks for your support everyone x

heavenly
07-12-10, 11:35
Hi Girls,

I chicken out of taking the Diazepam and too my surprise i have been okay still anxious when i wake up in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoon but i have been okay in the evenings so i think the 60mg Cit is kicking in but boy am i sweating.

Even my eylids are sweating lol

I am on 20mg and I wake up every morning with a very sweaty back and chest, I hope this side effects goes soon. I am taking Evening Primrose Oil, to see if that helps.