PDA

View Full Version : Perscribed 5mg Diazepam worried after reading posts.

Sarah Louise
04-12-10, 15:08
Hi,

I am looking for some advice is it safe to take 5mg of Diazepam as i have been reading on here alot of people take 2mg?

I have bad anxiety and the doctor has put my Citalopram up to 60mg and gave me 5mg - 10mg diazepam to help with the side effects untill the cit kicks in again?

Should i take half of the 5mg are they strong i am scared of feeling like a zombie as i am a new mum?

honeyp1e
04-12-10, 15:14
i have Diazepam 5mg and have also had 2mg i dont mind the 5mg they are however better than the 2 but it depends how bad your anxiety is as right now i would take the 5mg as i am having a bad time with my anxiety if your worried why not just snap the 5mg in half and take half and see how you feel if still feeling tense and anxious then take the other half of your 5mg they will calm you right down x

Sarah Louise
04-12-10, 15:20
Sounds too good to be true right now my partner is scaring me saying i will get addicited to them which is the last thing i want to happen.

My anxiety is quite bad at the minute i cant eat, how quick do they work? Just so i no when to take them with having me little one around x

bexy1970
04-12-10, 16:55
hiya, take them if your anx bad babe, short term use is ok, they are addictive if used too much over to long thats all, i used them when first started cit!! hardly use them now as the cit that good xx

Sarah Louise
05-12-10, 10:08
Thanks Bexy i didnt take one last night i was too scared but i am today can't deal with this anxiety.

heavenly
05-12-10, 10:32
Don't be so hard on yourself. I am on Cit, about 5 weeks in, and I have 2mg Diazapam for emergencies, they are only addictive if you use them long term. If your anxiety is bad, then don't suffer in silence, take one, or snap one in half to begin with, if you feel better with that. xx