PDA

View Full Version : Having ECG on 17 December

Del1970
04-12-10, 16:46
How do I manage to stop panicing and causing my heart rate to be worse when I'm so anxious about this test:unsure: I've done nothing but worry and look at heart problems since my GP metioned it! I asked him does he think it could be serious and he shook his head and said he did'nt think so but if i'm honest, I know my doc will tell me anything to stop me worrying now as he has got to know me! I just know deep down that the ECG will show it racing because of my anxiety

nomorepanic
04-12-10, 20:19
It won't matter if you heart is racing during the ECG. They will be looking at the electrical signals that show if the heart is not working as it should be.

Del1970
04-12-10, 20:48
Ohh right, thankyou Nicola

Anxious_gal
04-12-10, 21:23
it will look your rhythm and show up any tachycardia, missed beats and so on.
they will check your blood pressure too.
all my ECGs only took a few minutes.
you will have to be still though.

Del1970
18-12-10, 19:10
I've just got back from the emergency doc because I thought I had bad migraine but was also suffering with a bad anxiety attack so it made me feel worse, It was'nt migraine at all, I have high blood pressure (Hypertension) so he has upped my propranolol from 10mg to 40mg, I only need to take 2 a day though, I was taking 3 of the 10mg.

Because I have a virus and on antibiotics my doctor has changed the appointment for the ECG, I go on the 7th January now - Will update and let you all know how I get on