PDA

View Full Version : Advise on Mirtazipine

ash1807
04-12-10, 18:35
After having been on Citalopram for a number of years, my Dr switched me to 30mg Mirt. I do not know a lot about this drug, though I hear that it can cause weight gain / drowsiness.

What are your experiences about this drug, especially dealing with anx/dep

Thank you
Ash

Vixxy
04-12-10, 19:00
I went from citalopram to mirtazapine as I was sleeping far too much.
The mirtazapine helped me to get a regular decent nights sleep and I now don't nap during the day, ever!
Providing I take it at around 9:30-10pm I can be awake at 8am with no grogginess. However if I take it too late in the evening then I have a hard job waking up the next day.
As for weight gain. I did gain weight whilst being on it, but I think that was partially do to my eating habits at the time.
I've also lost weight on this pill, so it's not a definite.

ash1807
05-12-10, 00:05
thank you Vicky

JT69
05-12-10, 11:02
Hi Ash,

I too switched from citalopram to mirtazipine....it really helped me. I have been on it since February.

It did make me groggy at first but when I got used to it was fine. I take mine around 9pm most eves and get up around 5.30 with no problems...yes I have gained weight but again it is probably due to the eating...I am hoping to come off the drug after Christmas and hopefully get myself to a healthy weight.

The benefits of the drug far out-weigh the side effects so i would totally reccommend mirtazipine as for me it really got me into a much better place in life.

Hope that helps.

Alot of people do take it on here so you will get alot of support if you need it.

Take care
Jo.xx

ems43
06-12-10, 20:03
Hi ash, i have found mirt somewhat helpful and the real bonus of this medication is that it does not increase your anxiety to start with. good luck with it xx