PDA

View Full Version : chest pain/exercise/heart rate

daisycake
04-12-10, 19:44
I'm still worrying, and I'm so fed up of it! I was lying in bed this morning, after just waking up, and could feel my heart going, in my chest, throat and in all my hands. It's damn frustrating now as I get so worried when I feel my pulse that I have to sit up and do something else. I don't feel it so much during the day but when I feel it at night it's always fast. Then last night too I had an epsiode where I could feel my heart going fast again, but that was after eating loads of chocolate, so is that ok?.. I get chest pain at night too and after eating but I know that's muscles/indigestion.. I'm quite worried though. A normal ECG when I was 15, then I had another one two weeks ago - one abnormal followed directly by 2 normal but sinus tachycardia which they said was panic. Normal chest x ray and bloods too. I'm worried they have missed something though, and I'm dizzy a lot too right now - feel as if I'm going to fall over. All in all I'm really worried. The other morning too I had like what felt like loads of ectopics at once, about 11, but my pulse was totally normal? What's wrong with me?!

Anxious_gal
04-12-10, 20:06
I often get a racing heart when I wake up, it makes me feel breathless, it's a really awful way to start your day.
I feel it much more at night in bed, either it's because I'm less distracted or my heart palpations are worse wen I'm in bed.
one thing I heard doctors talk about is that if your hearts racing sometimes lying down and then sitting back up can help it to slow down.
maybe you got a sugar rush? that sped up your heart but I don't know if thats actually possible. i have heart of people experiencing heart palps after eating.
I have tachycardia but waiting to see a doctor for more tests but sinus tachycardia is directly caused by stress and anxiety which is good news :)
ever since I got the tachycardia months ago i have been feeling very dizzy and unbalanced and faint , it's soooo scary too. i really believe if i didn't have tachycardia n papls my anxiety would be a bit better, I don;t worry at all about my heart but the symptoms are awful.
I always had heart palps but tachycardia can leave you very tired as your hearts beats too fast.
if it ever gets bad go back to your doctor, mine has an ECG machine so he can then advise me if i need further treatment or investigation.
aw theres nothing wrong with you it's just palps n tachycardia.
I dunno how to help just to say I know how you feel x

daisycake
05-12-10, 17:10
Thank you :hugs: :) yeah I think sugar rush is right haha, certainly hasnt happened since! I'm so scared though as I'm so dizzy too and I've seen others on here with same problems who have had to go get echo scans and all that and I'm worried my gp should be doing the same. I feel as if I'm being pushed back and forth all the time.. It gets worst on laughing, excerise, after eating and during sex/related stuff. I hope the pulse thing is normal I saw that on google that tends to be related with a mitral valve prolapse which can be picked up simply by listening to your heart. I've noticed that my feelings get worse when I'm worried.. I often wake up in the morning with a numb left arm too but I reckon I'm lying on it, I often lie on that side at night! Last night I was chasing my mum upstairs (don't ask!) and ended up with a sore chest, out of breath - but I was laughing at the same time. I;m trying to remind myself that TWO ecgs were normal (one wasn't but it is OK to have that seemingly) so maybe I am alright?

daisycake
05-12-10, 17:18
My poor GP's going to be kicking me out the door when I see her on Friday :roflmao:at least I have a good excuse this time, got to discuss blood test and ultrasound results for PCOS/thyroid. It sounds maaad but I want it to be my thyroid so I can stop worrying about my heart!

daisycake
05-12-10, 17:33
How do I keep myself on even keel til Friday though? It's the dizziness that's the worst right now, and the fact that I'm shaky all the time and unable to sit still. I used to be able to tell myself what was anxiety and believe it but I cant even do that now .. I've been wanting to cry all week - and my CBT is difficult too, I'm really struggling to manage it and I don't know how to sort that.

dodo
05-12-10, 21:04
If your pulse is normal when you feel these ectopics then maybe they're not really ectopics? Perhaps beings you said you have indigestion problems it might just be your tummy causing a similar sensation?