PDA

View Full Version : help!

louisechen
04-12-10, 19:56
Hello,i am new to this forum and am on here for some help and advice for my severe anxiety that i have been suffering from badly for the last two weeks.
I have always suffered from anxiety although i have always been able to cope by avoiding certain situations,however i woke in the night with a bad attack which hasnt fully gone for a fortnight.
I was previously taking fluoxetine 20mg though i stopped taking in june when i found out i was pregnant,i am now 28 weeks and my doctor and midwife have advised me to go back on it,which i am not happy with though have been taking,i was also perscribed a small dose of diazepam for when the attacks are really bad.i feel no better so far and have been back on the fluoxetine for 12 days,i feel constantly scared and worried over the silliest things and at the moment i cant even sit in the same room with my partner as i feel everything i do is being watched,even though he has been fantastic throughout all of this,i have two children who are staying with there grandparents for a few days until i feel better though it doesnt seem to be happening,i would appreciate any advice as i really dont feel i can go on feeling like this.

nomorepanic
04-12-10, 19:57
Hi louisechen

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
04-12-10, 19:58
Hi, welcome aboard x:welcome:

Vanilla Sky
05-12-10, 15:16
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

recoil
05-12-10, 15:43
hi and :welcome: to nmp

gaaron
05-12-10, 15:44
Hi, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

mary56
05-12-10, 17:01
Hi Lousiechen

Welcome to the site; I only joined a few days ago, also for anxiety and panic attack problems. It is an exhausting thing to suffer from and unless you have been there, no one can fully understand. It must be hard for you being pregnant and having to take the medication and also that your children have had to go away for a few days. Hopefully the meds will kick in properly and your mind will be calmer and they will be able to come back home again.

Waking in the night with panic attacks is horrible; I live alone and it is so scary, you just don't know what is happening, and don't know what to do.

All I can say (because it is how I survive!) is take it all a day at a time; sometimes I can only go an hour at a time. I have good and bad days. Like yourself, I have had underlying anxiety for years. I have been ill with food poisoning recently and this has tipped me over the edge, resulting in panic attacks, generalised fear (of what, I don't know!) and chronic anxiety. I am always tense inside, and not for any real reason. It seems so stupid, but it isn't something I can help.

I am glad you have a husband; I hope he is supportive. Your anxiety may be worse at the moment because of your hormones. I am in the menopause and I think the hormones to do with that are making things worse for me too. It WILL pass; you have to believe that. Are you having any counselling? I am going to see a counsellor next week. You need as much help and support as you can get at the moment; even though you do have a husband, it helps to have someone not actually involved with you.

Take care, and keep writing down your thoughts and feelings on this site; it will help you to know that you aren't suffering alone.

Mary x

Fly away Katie
05-12-10, 20:56
Hello and welcome to the forum x x x

louisechen
06-12-10, 18:15
Thankyou for all your kind replys,i am sorry to say that things are still no better at the moment though i will take each day as it comes.The worst panic seems to be when i am with people,it doesnt matter who it is i just get so shaky and nervous,i am even like it with my children which is the worst part of it,i am sure that the medication will start to work soon as it will be 2 weeks tomorrow.