PDA

View Full Version : Fed up being a spectator

phil06
04-12-10, 22:28
I'm by no means selfish and I'm a caring person however for the past year or so all I have felt is a spectator watching everybody else's luck, great things going on in peoples lives via social networking and so on. I just feel really depressed, yes it's that time of year, maybe I won't feel this way forever but I do right now. Just not really had that boost something good happen.

Well in May I got this job but now started applying to new ones..dating, work, friendship..I feel under valued, feel I'm not living my life to the full potential. It's my anxiety holding me down there too though.. I'm just majorly lacking in confidence, had soo many disappointments I couldn't help..so many efforts..ven trying to hard but nothing..hard to get my head round really..feel pretty crap every day with anxiety anyway but maybe it's due to my circumstances..

I can't indulge in much hobbies due to my anxiety..I just wish these right opportunities would come up and bring back the joy in my life. Just ANYTHING..winning on coupon, something positive...just wish it would happen..right now as I spend for xmas I just wonder what I will get back no not presents but but it's another lonely xmas for my love life..

I don't really want advice or being told it will get better..because I'm a wise guy to know it could be this way next year as much as it could be better. But it's the here and now..it's no wonder I no longer know who I am from anxiety as the circumstances around me leave me feeling very alone. :lac:

Maybe one day huh? :whistles:(I'm sure alot of us think that right now)..

looking4answers
04-12-10, 22:55
Anxiety allways makes me feel like the world is passing by and im not a part of it. I wish I could say something encouraging here but everything you spoke of is pretty much in your control.We that have anxiety are always the first to say..geez how come that didn't happen to me..Its because to happen to you ,then you have to put yourself outthere and get going to make it happen.My brother used to tell me if people don't know you are around ,then no one will ever contact you to do things or things to happen.So you have to put yourself out there. I know its hard.Its hard for everybody.. Surely there is something of a hobby that you feel you can do.. Like me for instance last night.. I haven't drawn in a long time.. and I used to love to draw..I forced myself to concentrate on what I was doing and after awhile I was thinking about my drawing rather than what could be wrong with me..I guess what im trying to say is try a little everyday .. ok? And it will get better one day ...you will find you don't have to try anymore. Also this time of the year gets to everyone or a lot of everyones lol. Its kind depressing at times. Its funny one year I made a startling discovery..I was alone much like you and wasn't married and feeling low.. at the holidays everyone talking about what they were going to do with their family and this and that. It really made me feel bad that I had no one that cared.. So when the holiday rolled around.. I ate my dinner alone and took a car trip and got out and enjoyed the day and had one of the best holiday's I had ever had.. When I got back to work..people were exhausted from their holidays and had a lot of family horror stories about fights and drunks etc.. going on and I thought to myself..I am so lucky not to have family.It sounds like a big hastle to me lol.. So it worked out.I hope you are feeling better and take care of yourself and just try a little everyday..It will be ok.. Michael

Anxious_gal
05-12-10, 04:25
Just a tip , I find something good often happens when I put money in a charity box, it might seem silly but I like to belive that by doing good I will get good stuff back,

STE 77
05-12-10, 17:50
I'm by no means selfish and I'm a caring person however for the past year or so all I have felt is a spectator watching everybody else's luck, great things going on in peoples lives via social networking and so on. I just feel really depressed, yes it's that time of year, maybe I won't feel this way forever but I do right now. Just not really had that boost something good happen.

Well in May I got this job but now started applying to new ones..dating, work, friendship..I feel under valued, feel I'm not living my life to the full potential. It's my anxiety holding me down there too though.. I'm just majorly lacking in confidence, had soo many disappointments I couldn't help..so many efforts..ven trying to hard but nothing..hard to get my head round really..feel pretty crap every day with anxiety anyway but maybe it's due to my circumstances..

I can't indulge in much hobbies due to my anxiety..I just wish these right opportunities would come up and bring back the joy in my life. Just ANYTHING..winning on coupon, something positive...just wish it would happen..right now as I spend for xmas I just wonder what I will get back no not presents but but it's another lonely xmas for my love life..

I don't really want advice or being told it will get better..because I'm a wise guy to know it could be this way next year as much as it could be better. But it's the here and now..it's no wonder I no longer know who I am from anxiety as the circumstances around me leave me feeling very alone. :lac:

Maybe one day huh? :whistles:(I'm sure alot of us think that right now)..

I know exactly how you feel Phil, Im sick of watching the world go by. I go through other peoples photos etc on social networking sites and sit there thinking why cant that be me! I used to do all those things like going to parties or have nights out, play football every saturday but no all that has stopped...all because of my anxiety!!!

I do have a girlfriend that I live with but even she is starting to get tired of me now (Ive been suffering severly for about 8 months but had this for about 10 years). She goes out to see family or goes to parties whilst I say no to everything :mad: Im also suffering from very low confidence and self esteem, I feel so worthless and when I look in the mirror I hate who I see!!! ...no idea why cause I didn't think that 12 months ago!!!

I am at an all time low and cant see an end to all of this, like you said, I just wish something good would happen to cheer me up. I sit at home day after day feeling like i am living in slow motion!

But I just keep telling myself it could be worse, there are people all over the world who are worse off than us! I know its hard but we have to stay positive and keep saying positive things to ourselves.

Keep your head up mate and if you ever need a chat just drop us a mail :)