PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure if coming off was right now :(

Lizziesaurus
05-12-10, 10:28
Day 3 without any cit and I'm probably about 2 days off hitting complete rock bottom. I didn't bother weaning off it because in the end I know I'd only end up feeling awful one way or another. I'm not sure what to do, I can't stand feeling like this again, I keep getting the odd 'high' which is basically how I was before.
If I go to the docs tomorrow though they're only going to say give it more time and/or you didn't like the cit, they're all basically the same, deal with it. I actually feel if I'd have seen the doctor when I was 16/17 and self harming and binge drinking about 4/5 nights a week causing trouble I'd have been seen as a more serious case. But I guess I'll never know.

I basically feel as if I got a huge weight on my shoulders again. I was ill on Friday so didn't go to work yesterday because I still felt rough, I haven't gone today because I wanted to go and get drunk last night, block it all out and forget about responsibilities. It's like the past 7 odd weeks haven't even happened. :scared10:

Mr Pants
05-12-10, 11:08
Hi Lizziesaurus,

I think what you are feeling is quite expected because you are supposed to wean off them to allow your body time to adjust to not having the CIT in your system. Also my advice is, if you can handle it, don't drink. For me drinking really makes me feel very low.

Think of it this way, you are going through highs and lows, the reason this is happening is because you are a) suddenly off the CIT so you are suffering with withdrawal and b) alcohol is a serious stimulant and whilst it can lift you very quickly it can drop you equally as quickly.

I would go to the doctors and get a weaning off plan in place with him/her, also remove any stimulants like caffeine and alcohol and try to give your body a chance to catch up and level out by removing the peaks and troughs.

I love drinking and hitting the town and I am 40 years old, married with a kid, but I still love a good night on the town. However I have accepted that this is something I am going to miss out on to get myself better.

Hope you feel well soon..... :)

Al
x

Lizziesaurus
05-12-10, 14:15
He did tell me if I wanted I could come off and miss a day take one miss 2 days take another miss 3 days etc in the end though I'm going to end up like this anyway surely?
I know I shouldn't have drunk, I used to do it alot because I thought it helped, last night I got that same mentality but it didn't, in fact I couldn't even get drunk and was home just after midnight.
All I've done today so far is sleep basically, and the thought of work tomorrow, arghhh!

Mr Pants
05-12-10, 16:24
Poor you Lizziesaurus!

If you can muster the strength, go out for a seriously brisk walk, 20 mins tops, it will really ease the misery.

I would really go to the docs and have a chat as well.

No I dont think you would feel the same if you come off them slowly as it gives your body time to start to handle the serotonin levels in your body on its own. Remember these pills have been doing a lot of that work for your body, to suddenly come off them leaves you body in a state of shock. By coming off carefully, your body starts to take over the job of the pills if that makes sense.

Al :)
x

Lizziesaurus
05-12-10, 17:55
Yeah I know what you mean. I just wanted to stop them though, it's a complete lose lose situation, feel nothing or feel everything.
I'm hoping to get an appointment tomorrow, beg for something to make it stop.

Lizziesaurus
06-12-10, 21:44
Just a quick update, went back to the doctors today, different doctor, completely different view on stuff. Not too sure what to make of it to be honest. Also, been prescribed something else :wacko: