PDA

View Full Version : I think ive turned a corner...plz read! x

crazyhayz
05-12-10, 13:48
Ive had direct experience of knowing how powerful our minds are, and of how much what we think affects us physically and gives us all these horrible symptoms.. Back in March I had severe dizziness to the point where i was literally bed-ridden, i could hardly walk, my vision was affected and it was sdo bad i never gotta break from it, only when i was asleep!

Then that month I went to A&E and they decided to bring me back in that following week for a brain CT scan. It was completely normal. After that, I went ages without any dizziness. It totally disappeared. It came back again once I started worrying about MS (i had been twitching and burning etc).

I realised that the dizziness was due to the fact that I was worrying sooo much that I had a brain tumour or a stroke.

Its happened again...

The last few weeks ive been having awful panic attacks, and really bad weakness and constantly stretching, prickling and tingling all over, numb patches etc etc... ive been convinced ive been suffering MS or MND.. Ive been having awful breathlessness, which has been constant all day everyday, the weakness has made me think i was dying where it was so bad...

Neway, I decided to join a forum where people who actually suffer from these sorts of things.. and see how i matched up... I now know from just reading what theyve said that I definitely do NOT have MS or MND..

I also have sat down a coupleof nights ago and gone over everything in my head...and soon after that I felt so much better and my symptoms pretty much disappeared..

I've also reminded myself how many different worries ive had, and how many different tests ive had!! So im guna quickly note down all of the tests ive had, the reasons why i had them (the symptoms), and the result afterwards...

* Brain CT scan - due to constant dizziness and head pain/pressure/blurred vision and clouded left eye. NORMAL.

* Echocardiogram (heart scan) - due to palps with dizziness/central chest pain. NORMAL.

* Countless ECG's - same as above. ALL NORMAL.

* Pelvic ultrasound - due to lumps in groin, ultrasound showed swollen nodes. (These still havent gone and ive pretty much been telling myself ive got cancer, but i know that if it was then the lumps would have got bigger, which they havent, and theyve been there for 10 weeks) Blood test for lymphoma - NORMAL.

* Countless blood tests - NORMAL.

* Chest Xrays - NORMAL.

* ENT appt. NORMAL.

This should show people that its the constant worrying that gives us these symptoms. Whenever i convince myself im not ill, I get better.

Im phoning up my CBT counsellor tomorrow as I realise that I am not ill with a serious illness, and its just the severe effects of long-term adrenalin through my body. If u read up on long term adrenalin/stress, u dont realise how mujch it affects ur body.

I hope to god ive started turning a corner now.However im nt guna build my hopes up like i did in June.. im taking it one day at a time xxxx ps. got neuro on 1st feb, does everyone still think i shud go? i spose i need that reasurance even if i dont think ive got MS or MND or anything... :shrug:

crazyhayz
05-12-10, 13:50
4got to mention that after each test, my symptoms went away. even if only temporarily.

JaneC
05-12-10, 14:01
That's fantastic Hayz, it really does sound like you have made a major breakthrough and you sound really positive - well done :hugs:. The neuro appt is still a good while away. I wouldn't cancel for now - see how you feel a bit nearer the time x

Nigel
05-12-10, 14:47
Hi crazyhayz,

I was just logging off when I read your post and it made me smile so much I just had to stop and reply :D

I get a real sense that you actually do believe this now – that everything is OK and it’s just anxiety playing tricks – and that’s where it needs to come from. Other people can try to convince you but at then end of the day it won’t work until you believe it yourself.
Yes, definitely turned a massive corner, and I’m so pleased for you :bighug1:
Take care,
Nigel

Natalie x
05-12-10, 14:58
Hi! Your post is a very positive one - i wish i could be like that! What was the name of the forum you joined and i could give it a go? Thanks x

Del1970
05-12-10, 16:05
I wish I could think like that too, because I know what you say is true, Well done CrazyHayz and thanks for posting your very positive post, it gives hope that we can all do it and overcome our inner feelings!

Ella_Jayne
05-12-10, 17:30
Oh Hayz I'm so happy that you've come around to this way of thinking and seeing things for what they really are.

You were pratically anxiety free at one point and gave me so much hope, so I'm glad you're heading back in that direction.

Hun, after all the tests you have had, there is no doubt that you are fit and healthy!!!

There are so many points that you made in your post like that your symptoms went away/or changed when you were given the all clear, that are tell tale signs of anxiety.

Remember how worried you were about your heart? You were CONVINCED that there was something wrong with it, when all along it was completely healthy and normal!

I'm so happy that you've taken a step back in the right direction. :)

x

crazyhayz
05-12-10, 20:00
Thank u so much guys x I am very happy x I had a bit of dizziness earlier (head still swimmy now) but i know its coz i feel stressed today about ccollege work i havent done and also the anxiety of hoping im guna get better (but not rly knowing for sure if i will) if you see wot i mean... its like im worried about it not lasting! Lol x

But i know this is anxiety. It cannot be a serious illness as something weould of been picked up by now, and the symptoms wouldnt just come and go! Well, thats what i like to think! Haha!

Thanks again guys, I am guna try my best to stay positive. I really dont think ive got something wrong that is serious, i still have general anxiety, of course, but the way i see it is: As long as I KNOW its anxiety and nothing more, then im already half way there?

Thanks again everyone. xxx

Mogwog
05-12-10, 20:43
Excellent news - what a great post!

Stay positive - it gives us all hope

Well done.

L.x

dodo
05-12-10, 21:14
Fabulous, hope it continues for you :)

MightyMog
09-12-10, 00:05
Great post, i looked up the part that you said about Adrenal Fatigue and i have alot of matching symptoms. So i am going down the path of de-stressing and see if that helps. Thanks, hope your good health continues.