PDA

View Full Version : Magnesium magic

Ducky85
05-12-10, 18:03
Well, just wanted to post to say i have started taking magnesium supplements... 200mg in morning and another 100 or 200 at night if i am feeling too tense to sleep. I can honestly say that unless it is a placebo effect (i have only been taking it a couple of weeks) that i feel soooo much better with my anxiety/pa's and associated symptoms... even the dreaded ectopics have shown an improvement. I have felt the tension headaches that i get with my anxiety melt away, i don't seem to get that horrible sicky rush when i get anxious... i am back being able to talk to people i don't know and that is something vital in my line of work. I feel almost back to the old me before anxiety struck, and i hope it continues. Anyone with Magnesium experience how did u find it??

Ducky xx:yesyes:

ash1807
05-12-10, 19:50
I too swear by Mangnesium for anxiety

JaneC
05-12-10, 20:53
Hi Ducky, magnesium phosphate is among the celloid minerals I've been prescribed by a naturopath and it's supposed to be very good both for nervous system issues and for heart-related things including palps. I went to see her principally because I have CFS but an interesting spin-off is that I've been able to give up my meds for IBS and cut way down on betablockers.

Glad you are finding it helpful x

Ducky85
08-12-10, 19:31
Hi guys, thanks for replies.
What sort of dosages do u take? I have been doing some reading and am finding it all a bit contradicting..... I don't want to take too much as im scared of adverse effects.. i know it's not much but i take anywhere between 100 and 400mg a day depending on how i feel... usually around 200 though. I have also found that my heart seems to be constantly racing.....??? x

racdun
08-12-10, 20:20
I used magnesium oil, you just spray it on. Its supposed to be better because magnesium taken orally can cause digestive upsets and I read only 20% of what you take is actually absorbed in the gut? I have found the spray brilliant, can make you a bit itchy but worth it. The product I use is from Betterforyou or something like that. (Not advertising!)
Rachael

goldboyyy1
08-12-10, 20:33
Magnesium works well

shilohgomz
27-12-10, 09:53
Magnesium helps the body's absorption of calcium and also plays a key role in the strength and the formation of bones and teeth. It's kind of a mineral that is vital for all biochemical processes in the body. It affects many body systems and the lack of this mineral can affect many organs and can eventually cause heart problems.