PDA

View Full Version : terrorfied of skin cancer

dreena
05-12-10, 18:28
hi all, iv noticed this spot on my neck, its got a red area around it but it feels a bit harder than a spot. it doesnt hurt but ive irritated it by poking it. i thought it was a spot but now not so sure. realy dont want to be suffering with anx over xmas. ive got three kids and dont want to ruin their xmas or anyone elses. can anyone put my mind to rest?:weep: x x

baileys
05-12-10, 18:44
I really wouldn't worry. I quite often get lumps, spots etc and so do a lot of people. I get sebaceous cysts that seem to pop up anywhere, they feel hard and are not easy to squeeze likes spots.

dreena
05-12-10, 18:52
yeh its just like that. and im totally sure there wasnt a mole there before..... think it would be a bit more distinctive if there was. thanks for ur reply

Aussie11
05-12-10, 19:21
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. If it was anything nasty like a skin cancer it will change (in colour, size etc) very quickly. If you don't see any changes in it over the next couple of weeks I wouldn't think you have anything to worry about. If it did change you're probably best to pop in to see your doctor before Christmas for some reassurance so that you're not stressing about it over the Christmas period.

margaret jones
05-12-10, 19:28
Dreena if you think that it will effect your happiness at christmas ?? just pop along to the GP and get it sorted I am sure it is nothing .
Have a great Christmas with your family xx

Mogwog
05-12-10, 19:34
Sounds fine to me, maybe give it while but Like Margaret has said if you think it will affect your happiness and wellbeing at christmas then pop along to the docs and you'll be fine

L.xx

racyhall11
06-12-10, 09:10
Indoor tanning is being blamed for the rise in skin cancer in women between the ages of 15 and 39 by 50 percent. Skin cancers are sometimes classified as either melanoma or nonmelanoma and Basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma are the most common nonmelanoma skin cancers. Its scary and anybody that tells you skin cancer isn't a big deal, hasn't had to deal with cancer at all.