PDA

View Full Version : please read

jessicalittler79
05-12-10, 20:31
this all started 6 days ago the lump in throat ..i suffer from health anx bad so iam thinking the worst as in cancer ,throat cancer the lump feels down bye my color bone lower part of my neck i never heard anyone have the lump feeling there iam sooo scared i can not get out of this pa ...please help if u can

jessicalittler79
05-12-10, 21:03
please read

dodo
05-12-10, 21:18
Is this inside your throat or under the skin do you mean? There's someone posted on the health anxiety board about one near their collarbone which we all have.

jessicalittler79
05-12-10, 21:20
i cant feel anything hun with my fingers,i just feel like theres a lump stuck in my throat

RLR
06-12-10, 00:56
This sensation is known as Globus Hystericus and results from stimulation of the tissues of the larnyx by the vagus nerve. Many patients feel like they can't swallow effectively and/or that they feel their airway is restricted in some fashion.

Realize that this is a sensation only and does not actually affect the diameter of your laryngeal passage and airway.

Cancers of this type do not present in this fashion at all. Your fears in this regard then would be unwarranted.

You'll be fine. Reduction in anxiety will demonstrate a corresponding relief in the Globus sensation.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

jessicalittler79
06-12-10, 04:12
thank you for ur reply rlr