PDA

View Full Version : Burping and problems swallowing

cheesy pete
05-12-10, 21:04
Hi,

Been a lot better of late but does anyone experience either of the above. Advised by consultant that I have a small hiatus hernia and tonight i am really struggling with burping and difficulty swallowing. Anyone got any sugggestions?

dodo
05-12-10, 21:12
Me too but j haven't been diagnosed with a hernia.

I find a little bit of fizzy drink gets some up.

What symptoms do you get other than that? Where do you get pain if you get any?

cheesy pete
05-12-10, 21:21
Occasionally i get slight pains in the middle of my chest but these arent too bad. Sometimes i feel like something coming back up but this doesn't happen often. I had an endoscopy about 2 weeks ago and i have a follow up with the consultant on Tuesday night but when i get these symptoms it tends to make me on edge which can't help.

dodo
05-12-10, 21:24
Yes my reflux makes me anxious. The dr couldn't understand why it would make me anxious when shed told me what it was. But it does.

I have been getting burning in my left side under my armpit and I'm worried about it but I have been burping a lit so don't know if it could be possibly linked to the reflux. Don't know if you can get pain there with it.

cheesy pete
05-12-10, 21:29
Well you aren't alone. Any acid reflux symptoms always make me feel anxious even though i have now been diagnosed. However i am not as bad as i was as there was a time when i had no idea what is was! I try to keep busy or concentrate on something as sometimes it seems to solely occupy my thoughts.

dodo
05-12-10, 21:32
It invades though. Today i went got a walk and got chest pain as the acid etc was coming up. See I can't even go out for a walk or exercise without it bothering me.

cheesy pete
05-12-10, 21:35
No fun at all. Have you been to GP, had tests, etc? I'm really glad i had the tests done, it helped me a lot even though i have some bad days.

dodo
05-12-10, 21:37
They won't send me for any tests. Ibe had blood tests for inflammation etc so I guess that rules out anything sinister.

cheesy pete
05-12-10, 21:41
I'm sure that if you needed tests then they would send you for them. I hope you feel better soon.