PDA

View Full Version : Success!!!!

jillyb
06-12-10, 10:45
Still feeling a bit shaky but I have just eaten 2 peanuts!!!!! I did this with my cbt therapist and this is the first time I have eaten peanuts in 10 years!!!! I now have to eat a couple a day until I see him next week (just to show myself that it wasn't a one off that I didn't react!) and may now try some other nuts and, who knows, I might be able to tackle some of the other things on my stupid 'safe list'. Just wanted to share this news!!!

allergyphobia
06-12-10, 10:57
CONGRATULATIONS JILLYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU HAVE DONE FANTASTIC!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! as a fellow sufferer of this type of phobia i can REALLY appreciate what a milestone this is for you!!!!!!!!!!! you are FANTASTIC, WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

:hugs::hugs::D:yahoo:

JaneC
06-12-10, 10:59
Fantastic Jilly, well done :yesyes: You sound really positive x

Dizz
06-12-10, 11:04
Well done to you. :hugs: I obviously don't know about your problem with nuts was as I'm pretty new to here but whatever is was YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY OVERCOMING IT... that's brilliant :yesyes:

Nuts are very good for you by the way so keep it up...

They help lower cholesterol,
help guard agains diabetes and heart disease
the protein and fat satisfy hunger and give lots of energy:yesyes:

Nuts also contain potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, zinc, vitamin E, selenium, copper, calcium and thiamin amongst other minerals etc.

By eating a mixture of nuts, you will get a variety of important vitamins and minerals.

Think I might go out and buy some too.... :winks::hugs:

jillyb
06-12-10, 19:48
I meant to say that I was going to risk trying some of the things that are not on my 'safe list'! I am happy to use/eat the things that are on the list - it's the ones that aren't on it I worry about! And thank you for your support! x

Hazel B
06-12-10, 20:06
Well done!

:yesyes::yahoo::yahoo:

Gemzy
06-12-10, 21:51
well done hunni :yesyes: CBT can be tough keep at it!

allergyphobia
08-12-10, 16:16
how have you got on jilly? i hope you've been eating more nuts!! :winks: