PDA

View Full Version : So confused?

tricia56
06-12-10, 11:04
hi posting AGAIN on here ive been coming on here alot latelyand reading what other people are suffering but im starting to think i havent got anxiety because all i read on the posts is about the phisycal symtoms people have on here and no one seems to mention anything about how they are feeling emotionaly as its worrieng me as ive had anxiety for a while now and for the last few weeks my symtoms havent been too bad but everday i wake up and just feel emotionly drained and not feel right and feel as if im just going thro the motions of doing what i have to do i.e cleaning up or i have to go the shop etc .my mind is always focused on my anxiety never stops ive started cbt but is just worrieing me as know seems to mention about how u feel in side,ive even googled to see if feeling like this is all just down to anxiety so id be greatful if either any one else feels like the way i do or if there is a anything i could look up on the internet to explain to me about how u feel not the physical symtoms as i cant stop thing that its not anxiety its some thing else i have and its really worring me thk u

suzy-sue
06-12-10, 12:35
Hi Trish ,to be in a constant state of worry is Anxiety .It leaves you feeling drained and that itself makes you feel worse .You need to try relaxation and deep breathing techniques .It helps greatly .Getting plenty of sleep is a must .Are you having a difficult time of things generally or is there something that you are unhappy with about your life ? Sometimes these feeling come from being depressed .I know mine did .and as id never felt like it before it was all new to me .I hope the CBT helps you but you will feel better once you begin to change your thought patterns .Also reading up on what can cause this will help you tackle it head on .Positive thinking and learning to relax completely will help you alongside the CBT .Take care luv Sue x

Groundhog
06-12-10, 12:37
Actually that’s an interesting perspective. Might have to give it some more thought but in the mean time for me the mental issues are difficult to put into words, for instance if one wakes and has a dizzy feeling with head ache, for example, its relatively easy to start a thread and say just that. Then several people will reply they are, or have, the same so you get on with life reassured. A mind set is hard to put into words because it’s not tangible, a therapist can take weeks of hourly appointments to untangle a single mental issue, a doctor will take ten minutes to tell you a physical ache is ‘x’ and take these pills.

I bet that’s as clear as mud isn’t it:huh:

Good post though hope it gets some responses. :)

Geoff2301
06-12-10, 12:45
Perhaps someone can enlighten me too then ....... years ago, the gp diagnosed me with anxiety/depression...... since then I've been on various AD's over the years, getting better/worse/better again. The main symptom is this "tension", for want of abetter word, all over my body, headachy, can't relax at all but I also feel really down as well ..... bit tearful. The thing is I'm not conciously worrying or anxious about anything.... I just feel awful if you know what I mean..... and I don't seem to have the exhaustion that so often goes with depression.

blueangel
06-12-10, 13:49
Sometimes anxiety doesn't seem to have a cause, which is why some people are disgnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately for those of us that have it, we usually don't need to find anything to worry about, as it seems to happen automatically.

Nigel
06-12-10, 15:13
Hi Tricia,

That’s quite a good point that Groundhog made. It is hard to put the emotional feelings into words so people tend to write about the physical feelings more.

Waking up feeling mentally exhausted is quite common with anxiety (and depression). It’s due to all the thinking (ruminating) a person has been doing during the day. All those unresolved thoughts need to be made sense of before the mind can switch off at night. Even when they do sleep they do a lot of dreaming. This is the mind replaying all those thoughts in order to resolve them.

Dream sleep isn’t the restful sleep that you need. The mind is very active and the body is experiencing the same physical state you experienced while having those thoughts during the day – and you know how tiring that can be.

So yes, what you explain does make sense. Suppose the answer lies in trying to control and moderate many of those anxious thoughts during the day. Trying to be general manager of the universe is tiring work, so just worry about the important things you can control, and leave the rest to faith.

Take care :)
Nigel

Nigel H
06-12-10, 16:02
Sometimes anxiety doesn't seem to have a cause, which is why some people are disgnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. Unfortunately for those of us that have it, we usually don't need to find anything to worry about, as it seems to happen automatically.

A good point ... with a key distinction there .... in that there may not SEEM to be a cause .... and there always will be - even if you are not consciously aware what it is yet.

The whole point there, is that the anxiety creation is a behaviour pattern run at an unconscious level [i.e. you are not aware what you are doing at the time - just aware of what it's doing to you....]

... all behaviour, that's learnt and run at an unconscious level will be carried out as if 'automatically' - since you are not deliberately doing it, or aware of what's going on underneath.

:)

mork999
07-12-10, 21:56
Hey Tricia, i know th efeeling of just going through the motions, you lose track of your purpose and meaning, but trsut me, you do have one, and yes this feelign is more than likley just Anxiety. i feel like this every morning, but then i try to reason with myself whats positive in my life, even if its just small things, loving parents, an amizing girlfriend ect. Just give it a go, when you wake up, spend 10 mintes in bed with your eyes closed in darkness and just think of the day ahead and the positive things to come, maybe seeing a partner or friend ect.

i hope that helps somehow, all the best. Mork.