PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms only appear at night

Katycat
20-03-06, 12:44
Just found this forum and think its very informative. Recently I have had trouble sleeping at night, not every night - last night was a really bad night, I get also get stomach ache and stomach is churning over, feel bloated, flatulent and I just cannot get to sleep. My husband disturbs me some nights as he like to watch TV late and then just as I am nodding off he will come up to bed and then I'm wide awake. I'm wondering if its something I'm eating that is causing the stomach bloatedness, I try not to eat late at night.
;)

jackie
20-03-06, 13:13
id say the symptoms are anxiety, many people have worse anxiety at night and it is so frustrating because we desperately want to get some rest from the anxiety of the day. then the pressure comes and the fear that you will not sleep. this all makes it impossible to relax and creates a night without sleep.

you are not alone in this have you ever read claire weekes book on how to accept the symptoms at night as you must do during the day, and eventually sleep will come?

take care
jackie

Piglet
20-03-06, 13:44
It is very common to have your symptoms be worse at a particular time of day.

Although I think yours maybe also triggered by things like hubby coming to bed at a different time to you. It is good to have a decent routine at bedtime that is a relaxing one. This can be difficult when people all want to go to bed at different times - I have 3 teenagers so I know what this is like [}:)][}:)]:D

Regarding the bloating I'm not so sure there but I expect someone will be able to advise.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Katycat
20-03-06, 13:57
I will have a look for the Claire Weekes book, sounds interesting.
Thanks
:)

april tones
20-03-06, 14:59
wheat can cause symtoms you mention, i have to cut out
or you eat late at night? x

apriltones