PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 of Cit

sop84
06-12-10, 11:48
Well...i'm now into week 2 and its been tough.

Went to the drs on Friday and what I experienced thurs evening was a panic attack :wacko: and I had another on Sunday aswell!

My gp said it cud be a number of things, but said I did have a rele bad week with the funeral and everything so its not suprising.

Just been trying to relax, but yesterday I verbally attacked my bf for not caring for me and not taking an intrest. Does anyone else do this? I didn't mean too, and now I feel guilty as hell :unsure:

Still have some side effects...diarrhea being one of them (sorry!) and headachy but thankfully touch wood the nausea is now gone! xxx

Laneybc
06-12-10, 20:03
The first few weeks are certainly tough but it should start and get better soon. I am on day 24 but only day 16 of my therapeutic dose. Things are getting a bit better. I have less anxiety now but it is still there. The diarrhea is coming and going, hada couple of days without any then a touch today so hopefully it should clear up soon for you.
As for the verbal attack, apologize and let the guilt go. I know it is hard, I feel guilty for so much stuff and that is just part of the depression. I find that I hardly talk to anyone right now and that isn't helping me much either because then I just fret over all my anxiety and depression. Headachy has been a problem for me too but it is improving.
Hope things improve quickly for you. Take care of yourself and it will be better soon.
Elaine

sop84
07-12-10, 08:48
Thanks Elaine. I went home and apologise to my bf and gave him a big cuddle. He actually admitted that he hasn't rele asked how I'm feeling and that he was sorry its just he doesn't like to see me as 'ill'.

Feeling abit better today, and more positive. Got my counselling phone consultation today, to discuss what type of counselling i need. So hopefully I'll have my appointment for that soon xxx

heavenly
07-12-10, 09:23
Thanks Elaine. I went home and apologise to my bf and gave him a big cuddle. He actually admitted that he hasn't rele asked how I'm feeling and that he was sorry its just he doesn't like to see me as 'ill'.

Feeling abit better today, and more positive. Got my counselling phone consultation today, to discuss what type of counselling i need. So hopefully I'll have my appointment for that soon xxx

The first 2 weeks are tough, so don't be hard on yourself. I am on day 40, have had 2 good weeks then the past few days, the odd low blip. I go to counselling as well as I know that just taking meds is not the answer. I am seeing my doc next week just to keep her updated on my progress with being on Cit. Keep in touch with your GP and just keep communicating with your other half, it is hard for partners to see us go through this, they feel helpless.

sop84
07-12-10, 10:14
:) Thanks heavenly. Just been finding it rele hard on these meds. I just dnt wanna drive people away xxx

heavenly
07-12-10, 11:36
:) Thanks heavenly. Just been finding it rele hard on these meds. I just dnt wanna drive people away xxx

Hang on in there, you are doing everything you can, it will get better. xx

sop84
07-12-10, 11:56
Thanks Heavenly :hugs:

HarrogateChris
07-12-10, 21:47
Just been finding it rele hard on these meds. I just dnt wanna drive people away xxx

The first couple of weeks are really hard, hang on in there. :)

I know excactly what you mean about trying not to drive people away, it's very hard for others to understand what this is like.

Chris