PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone.

jester007
06-12-10, 12:38
Hi everyonemy name is simon and im new to this site. Im in my late 30s and 6 months ago i started with Depression, panic attacks and horrible intrusive thoughts ( please forgive my spelling).
My GP (who has been great) put me on Fluoxitine but within 2 weeks my panic attacks got worse and i nearly put a end to all my problem once and for all. He told me to stop taking the Fluoxitine and put me on Citolopram and i calmed down over the weeks, but started with bad dizzy spells and confusion. I was taken off the Citolopram and the Doctor advise me to try and cope without. First 4 weeks wasnt too bad but now i have hit rock bottom again. I was given Fluxitine but was vomiting within 40 min taking them. so i have gone back on the Citolopram and am trying to get through the next few weeks with the suport of my wonderfull wife.
I honestly though i was going mad put the advise on this site has helped me to see that what im going through is normal with the illness.

diane07
06-12-10, 12:40
Hi jester007

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

sop84
06-12-10, 12:42
:welcome:

recoil
06-12-10, 13:02
hi and :welcome: to nmp

paulst
06-12-10, 13:15
Hi Simon, welcome to the forum.:)

gaaron
06-12-10, 13:23
Hi, you'll find loads of support on this site..
:welcome::flowers:x

lollypopgirl1981
06-12-10, 13:32
hi jester that helps when you have someone helping you, ive never had any meds purely as to scared of side effects but there is loads on here that use them and swear by them... think they take a while to take effect.... dizzys arent nice ive had them on and off for 4 years and hate the days i get dizzy....good luck and never give up :-)