PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Present - FREE 1-2-1 help

Nigel H
06-12-10, 16:37
OK - so hopefully I am allowed to make this offer here.

I would be willing to offer to work with several people on a first come, first served, basis - with no fee.

This forum is called 'No More Panic', after all .... and I would like to assist some deserving people in achieving that outcome.

This will be limited, according to the time I have - but if any of you are willing to take that in to account, then I would love the chance to help, if you are able to get to Surrey for at least one full day.

I have posted on the Panic page..... but Anxiety, or PTSD are also OK.

Let me know if this is of interest and we can make arrangements accordingly. Obviously there will be questions.

(If you are on medication of any form I will require a referral letter from your GP/Doctor and can suggest how to go about this.)

I look forward to hearing from anyone to discuss what's involved.

Regards

Nigel

shaz14
06-12-10, 16:52
Hi Nigel

What a lovely generous offer. I have been waiting for 8 months for CBT and still no sign of an appointment.

I'm sure there are plenty of others on here who would welcome your help too.

Sharon

Nigel H
06-12-10, 17:00
Thanks Sharon ... very nice of you to say so. I hope to do what I can !
Nig

hannybun
06-12-10, 17:39
What a great place the world would be if there were more people like you. I would of loved to of done this but just like sharon said I too have been waiting 8 months ... far too long and now i'm pretty much housebound.

xx

Vixxy
06-12-10, 18:52
Maybe for those that cannot travel you could do something via webcams? Might be an idea.
Great idea though and really nice of you to do!

Nigel H
07-12-10, 19:55
That may be a possibility .... I've not done that before, although I use Skype sometimes for chat.

Generally I prefer to actually be with the person - since it opens up the communication better than other ways, I feel.

:)

baileys
07-12-10, 19:58
Where abouts in Surrey Nigel.

Nigel H
07-12-10, 20:00
Hi, I'm just outside Sutton - between North Cheam and Morden.....

baileys
07-12-10, 20:05
Not far from me, im by Kempton park race course, Sunbury

Nigel H
10-12-10, 15:00
I'm surprised that no-one has yet actually taken up this offer ..... !!

Please contact me if this interests you.

nigelhorwood@yahoo.com

Regards

Nigel :winks:

nomorepanic
10-12-10, 18:19
Nigel - people have no idea what you are offering so are going to be dubious of course.

debs71
10-12-10, 19:44
Hi Nigel,

I think the problem is that people are quite vulnerable and very wary here as - and I don't mean to offend - they do not know who you are, what you are offering as Nicola said, and if they can trust your very kind offer.

People will of course err on the side of caution with this kind of thing I am sure you can understand, particularly as any help they are offered really needs to be genuine as they are already fragile people and can well do without what may be a con.

As I say, I don't mean to offend you, but I think this is why people aren't tearing your arm off.
x

_Emma
10-12-10, 20:12
What Debs said - sounds like a fantastic offer, but I would be too wary of meeting someone I didn't know or someone who hasn't been referred to me by my doctor, so sorry x

Nigel H
11-12-10, 15:53
Yes I totally understand that ... and it surprises me that no-one has even said "yes - please can we talk to find out ANYTHING"

Not sure why anyone would exclude the offer, without even looking to find out more.

I can speak to anyone by phone first and explain the process I would use and how it can work for you. Of course I would want anyone to be totally comfortable with things before getting as far as meeting.

Otherwise - feel free to look at my website (click on my name above - I think there is a link through that ... view my homepage - then click on the Breakthrough Session section and 'About me')

Nig

mikewales
11-12-10, 19:32
Hi Nigel, can you give us some details of your actual qualifications ?

Do you have any medically recognised qualifications ? are you a registered therapist recognised by the NHS ?

Sorry if I sound cynical, but I think people will be wary unless they know they are dealing with someone who is properly qualified to help with their problems, quite aside from the fact that it can be quite dangerous trying to help people with mental health issues if you arent peoperly qualified and experienced.

Nigel H
12-12-10, 01:09
Hopefully you can see my details on my website Mike - as per the comment above.

I've PM'd you also with some further info.

The methods I use are also used within The Warrior Programme which is linked to one of Prince Charles' charities - which is set up to enable ex service men and women to deal with their Anxiety and PTSD related issues following active war service. The organisation that trained me have also worked recently within the prison service, to help inmates. link below.

www.warriorprogramme.org.uk/Programme

My brother and Step-father had clinical depression for many years and saw psychologists & psychiatrists on the NHS with little to no improvement. They have since both been through the process I use, with an associate [I don't treat family obviously] and had their issues dealt with.

Following a road accident in 2007 I had PTSD issues (among others) to deal with and have been through the process myself - fortunately knowing what could be done - having trained to the Master Practitioner level in NLP, Time Line TherapyŽ and Hypnotherapy back in 2005. So I feel very lucky to have already been aware of what could be done.

I would expect you to want to know about any help you considered.

I have trained alongside both doctors and psychologists whom use the same process. I am not registered with the NHS, since I work privately and have not needed to, much like many other hypnotherapists and other practitioners. If that criteria is important for you, then I'm sorry I cannot offer you that, so would likely not be able to work with you.

I hope you find the relevant help you are seeking.

All the best

Nigel