PDA

View Full Version : test kits diy

trev1234
06-12-10, 18:35
can anyone tell me if those DIY diabetes kits are accurate for both types of diabetes...ive used one before and all results was within the ranges...many thanks..

Vixxy
06-12-10, 18:45
I'm not sure, but I know Lloyds pharmacy can do a free test. Might save you a few quid and you can ask the person doing the test about the results etc.

mick_uk
06-12-10, 19:11
I did a DIY diabetes home kit and a few weeks later had an 'official' test done at the docs and they results matched up and came back okay. I got the kit at Lloyds. Not sure how good they are at picking up if something is wrong though.

Anxious_gal
06-12-10, 19:13
I know the ones they sell in the pharmacy should work, you have to not eat 12 hours before I think, so it's best to do it in the morning.

trev1234
06-12-10, 19:29
ok thanks..ive done 2 before not one...15 strips in each...tried it when i was panacking ..lol..and after a high carb sugary meal(half hour later)..and several times throughthe day and night all within the range ok...so its not that then ...lol...thanks all...

countrygirl
06-12-10, 19:38
The DIY tests for diabetes are exactly same test that a diabetic uses first thing in the morning after a nights fasting - my husband is diabetic. They are very very accurate and will show if your fasting blood glucose is higher than it should be in which case your Dr will do much more in depth blood tests.

trev1234
06-12-10, 19:42
nope was all well within the range on instructions...manyy thanks...