PDA

View Full Version : Strange Question!!

moomintroll
06-12-10, 19:49
It's over a month now since my relationship breakdown (thread:In Pain), and my emotions have been like a rollercoaster ride.

This is a strange thing to post but I wondered if anyone else has ever felt like this or whether it is down to depression/anxiety.

Where to start...I recently have become in touch with a person who I was in school with - didn't really know him back then but we have been chatting over facebook daily since a week after my split with previous boyfriend. At first I felt I didn't want to meet up with this guy even for a friendly drink as was still so hurt and low about my break up. But over the past weeks I warmed more and more to him and decided to meet with him a couple of times. Now the strange thing is, I found myself being attracted to him, and excited to be seeing him/enjoying getting messages from him. But all of a sudden I feel trapped today - I don't know why because we aren't really 'going out' with each other or in a relationship. I did suddenly feel like this when I first got depression/anxiety last year - I suddenly felt like I wanted to get away from my (now ex) boyfriend and like I had lost all feeling for him. That all changed when I started on Citalopram. But now I don't know whether this feeling is simply natural because it is so soon after my previous relationship, or whether it is depression kicking in again.

Answers on a postcard please!! :D