PDA

View Full Version : BM Problems and Blood

fourth_letter
06-12-10, 22:21
OK. My health anxiety is non-existant right now, but I don't want it getting out of hand. I had the most HORRIBLE stomach cramping earlier and couldn't go to the bathroom for about 10 minutes even though I had the urge. I KNOW i was bearing down to try to make SOMETHING move since I was in so much pain. The BM wasn't soft at first then it was water. I've gone two more times and this last time it was just a very tiny bit (a few drips) and it was bright red/pinkish. I wiped and it was brown and a tinge of red. When I wiped a second time there was nothing there. What could this be?? I've NEVER had a fissure or anything of the sort. I'm scared!

Groundhog
06-12-10, 23:10
My guess a stomach bug. When you were straining you aggravated a blood vessel. Subsequent ‘movements’ and wiping the vessel burst hence the blood. Very much doubt its anything to worry about, other than perhaps some cream for your sore h-hm :blush:

anthrokid
07-12-10, 04:57
Sounds to be like an irritable bowel, maybe you've had some constipation. It can cause seriously painful cramps. A bit of red probably just means you've caused a small tear while you've been straining. And like groundhog said, you may have aggravated a blood vessel. Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like much to worry about. If it doesn't improve check in with your doctor :)

fourth_letter
07-12-10, 05:09
Well I went again and still the same. I'm trying my best not to catastrophize about this. The one niggling thought that keeps running through my head is I worry that somehow there is something wrong with my intestines and I'm bleeding inside. I'm over here crying and shaking now. I can't let tghis give me an anxiety attack. Its been almost a year since I've had one. I just need some reassureance.

Anxious_gal
07-12-10, 05:37
if the blood is red then your ok, you just tore a bit of skin thats all :-)

anthrokid
07-12-10, 12:00
Intestinal bleeding is usually characterised by dark, blackish stools, and even then dark, blackish stools are more often caused by too much intake of iron or dark foods. Intestinal bleeding will not show up as red on toilet paper :) You are safe. Check in with your doctor if it's still worrying you. Better to feel safe about it then to bring on an anxiety attack. Just remember, it's nothing dangerous.

fourth_letter
07-12-10, 13:22
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am still bloated and a bit achy but after the reassurance I've gotten here I've come to realize I'm NOT dying! Thaks for that! :)