PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of symptoms, I just need some help.

Skyline On Fire
07-12-10, 03:00
Not posted here for a year or maybe two, I think I last posted here when I convinced myself for 2 months that I had a brain tumor due to tension headaches, around this time, 2 years ago. That fear has gone after a visit to a consultant etc...

Now... Its my abdomen/stomach. Symptoms and history...

- At the start of this year, Id say around febuary, I had a sudden onset of stabbing pain in my abdomen when I moved around, walked etc... It lasted around 3 days and was gone within 5. The same thing happened in around... Late may. Again, went after 4-5 days ish. Same thing happened again Mid september. Didnt feel anywhere near as long or bad this time, was over in 2-3 days. Nothing since then.

- From the start of November up until the end of november, i had these wierd pains and feelings in my abdomen, incredibly mild but I knew they were there, and obviously it was terrifying me. had a feel around my abdomen (Im skinny) and I could feel a swelling or something. I feel all around there and Its essentially tubes of some sorts, intestines or something I dont know, but they arent lumps or anything, they feel like just regular parts of my body and i have no idea if they've always been so prominent, but obviously its some sort of horrid death disease to me.

- Stomach growls a lot nowadays, my diet isnt too great as Im worried so much, always hungry though no loss of appetite. General pains in abdomen/stomach every now and then, not as bad as november though (i must stress november was very mild, as is now) but to me its all just overwhelming and I feel on the brink of collapse.

Stomach cancer or... Just cancer. Thats my worry. My toilet activities are fine, no constipation, diaohrrea, bloody or anything out of the ordinary. Im living on my own now, finally beat my anxiety that kept me close to my parents for the first 20 years of my life, moved to the other side of the country and everything was going good until this.

My dad, who told me from the start of the brain tumor fiasco that it was nothing, says the same now. His logic makes sense, I know it does. But it doesnt make it any less scary as you are all aware!

If it was something serious, it would be far worse than this wouldnt it. Not to mention, id have many more symptoms, etc etc etc. I'm basically looking for reassurance, something I vowed not to do but I'm honestly just close to collapse now. My symptoms all sound like IBS to be honest, but I dont know about that either. I just want to know im not dying.

I always feel like I'll be dead this time next year, just like I did with the tension headaches 2 years ago. It's hell and I'm terrified.

Any advice, or anything, would mean a lot.

Thank you.

Anxious_gal
07-12-10, 03:29
it sounds like trapped wind, that can cause very bad stabbing pains.
stomach growling can be a sign of gas/wind, it would make sense if you drink a lot of fizzy drinks and had a bad diet.
i would you go get some of that good bacteria, you can buy it as tablets or in probiotics yogurts. it should help re-balance everything.
you said you could feel a lump? I guess you could try feeling a friends tummy for comparison, or see a doctor. or you could explain it more to us and we could try n tell you if we could feel the same.

Skyline On Fire
07-12-10, 03:34
it sounds like trapped wind, that can cause very bad stabbing pains.
stomach growling can be a sign of gas/wind, it would make sense if you drink a lot of fizzy drinks and had a bad diet.
i would you go get some of that good bacteria, you can buy it as tablets or in probiotics yogurts. it should help re-balance everything.
you said you could feel a lump? I guess you could try feeling a friends tummy for comparison, or see a doctor. or you could explain it more to us and we could try n tell you if we could feel the same.

By poor I mean I dont eat enough really, the food I eat isn't terrible. I dont drink anything but sparkling water mixed with cordial and I do drink a lot.

The lump isn't really a lump, as I can feel its a long thing, feels like an abdominal muscle or intestine or something. I have the same thing on the other side too just not as pronounced, and after looking at a diagram of the human body, im feeling what should be there it seems. And I dont even know if its new as its only recently I started fussing over it, its probably been there all my life. Its silly as I literally have no symptoms this time hardly, the slightest of nagging feelings in my tummy and growling etc... Its stupid.

Anxious_gal
07-12-10, 03:43
drinking fizzy things, gives you wind :)
not eating enough can make your tummy very noisy.
sounds like it's just your insides your feeling. I always say if it's on both sides its normal!
you can't help it if it's causing you anxiety x

Anxious_gal
07-12-10, 03:46
worrying is like rocking in a rocking chair, it gives you some thing to do, but it doesn't get you any where. well something like that lol :)

Skyline On Fire
07-12-10, 03:56
I can rationalize my fear when I had 2 months of constant headaches thinking it was a brain tumor, this though... Its stupid. I know its stupid lying here, theres no pain or anything now. The 3 bouts of horrid pain I had all happened months apart, the slight sensations and aches i had in november were incredibly slight, symptoms point to IBS etc... Its just stupid.

Anxious_gal
07-12-10, 04:02
maybe worrying about your tummy is distracting you from something else your worried about?

Anxious_gal
07-12-10, 04:08
there really doesn't sound like anything is wrong with your tummy from what you said.
I'm not sure what would help you not to be worried :hugs:
just that its common to worry about silly things when you suffer from anxiety x